SPE Show management will have a comprehensive security program in place to help ensure the safety of all participants and the protection of your exhibiting materials. However, your help is also needed.
As a safety precaution, all conference participants, including exhibitors and exhibitor-appointed contractors, must have proper photo identification to pick up their badge. Only personnel with official conference badges will be allowed in the technical sessions and in the exhibition area during official show hours.
- Obtain proper insurance coverage for your goods, including transit to and from the show.
- Do not identify the product or manufacturer on the outside of freight cartons.
- Consider painting your crates a distinctive color for easy recognition and label appropriately.
- Treat your valuables as irreplaceable. If they are one-of-kind, you should consider hiring your own security through the official security contractor.
- The greatest risk of theft is during move-in and move-out. Stay with your materials as much as possible and be especially alert during these times.
- Do not leave your booth unattended.
- Report suspicious activity to SPE Show Management.
Before you leave your office:
- Confirm your exhibit materials will arrive at the event within published guidelines and obtain copies of airway bills and shipping records.
- Confirm and make copies of all orders for electrical, telephone, internet, booth rental, carpet, computer rental, furniture, flowers, etc.
- In the event your luggage were to be misplaced by the airlines, make sure you have copies of everything listed above in your briefcase.
- Confirm your hotel and rental car arrangements.
- Register your booth personnel in advance to avoid standing in line on-site.
When you arrive:
- Locate your booth space.
- Verify that all ordered services are installed and working properly.
- During set up, do not leave valuables unattended.
- Make sure your booth containers are clearly marked for proper storage during the show.
Close of show:
- Remember! Exhibitors are NOT permitted to begin tear down before the official close of the show.
- Be observant! Theft is more prevalent during move-out.
- Be patient! Empty containers will be returned to you as soon as possible.
- Confirm! Return of rental equipment and obtain a receipt.
- Confirm! Your invoice is accurate and make payment for additional services ordered and obtain copies.
- Packing! Make sure your materials are packed correctly and are located within the confines of your booth space.
- Confirm! Arrangements for outbound shipping and obtain copies of airway bills and shipping records.