Exhibitor Services Manual
SPE is pleased to provide you with quick access to important information regarding exhibiting at ATCE 2009. We encourage you to review each section and contact us should you have any questions. Details on official and exclusive contractors, carpet and drape colors, and installation and dismantling information can be found under the General Information section as well as the Freeman Quick Facts.
New for 2009
- ATCE has organized the deadline dates for your convenience in planning your exhibit. Click on each service to take you directly to the form or the website.
- Electrical and plumbing outlets, telephones, and internet services must be ordered directly from the Morial Convention Center. When ordering any of these utilities, the Utility Locations Form MUST BE submitted with your order. If you do not have a plan, please use the grid on the form which includes complete instructions.
- The Billing and Payment Policy Form MUST BE included with your order for any of the above services ordered from Morial Convention Center.
- Island Booth Exhibitors that are going higher than 23’ must submit drawings to be sure the location can accommodate the height.
- Two-Story Booth Notification MUST BE submitted no later than 1 August 2009. In addition to submitting the form, carefully review the Fire Regulations for the City of New Orleans related to multi-level booths.
- Food and/or Beverage Sampling On-site Approval Form MUST have prior approval and be submitted to the Morial Convention Center no later than 1 August 2009.
- Exhibitors are now responsible for ensuring that any EAC’s working on their exhibit have the necessary insurance coverage. A copy of their proof of insurance must be submitted to SPE.
Deadlines and Forms Checklist (includes new features!)
We listened to your feedback, and this year, we have one file that includes a deadlines checklist and the most popular forms that you might need for exhibiting at ATCE. You can save this document and check items off as you plan your exhibit, or you can just print the entire document and keep for hard-copy referencing. Download the checklist. (4 MB PDF)
TIPS: Click on each service in the checklist to take you directly to the applicable form or the website. Use the left-hand "bookmarks" view or the right-hand scroll bar to navigate throughout the PDF document.
- Exhibition Schedule
- Official Contractor List
- Exhibit Budget Form
- Staff Scheduling Form
- Directions to the Morial Convention Center
- Airport Shuttle provides airport shuttle service from the New Orleans International Airport to the official hotels.
Exhibit Regulations Information
The 2009 SPE Exhibit Regulations is the most important document you need to review and share with your colleagues. The regulations have been developed to provide you with all of the rules and regulations regarding exhibiting at SPE. Individual questions regarding specific regulations relating to your booth (design/installation, etc) can be found in this section. These regulations will be enforced.
Please take a moment to also review the Morial Convention Center (MCC) Exhibitor Policies for any area that might pertain to your particular exhibit. Although SPE Exhibit Regulations cover most of the details, there may still be certain areas that might need to be addressed with regard to the MCC Regulations.
- 2009 SPE Exhibit Regulations
- Union Labor Jurisdictions
- Fire Regulations – City of New Orleans
- Special Event Form
Exhibitor-Appointed Contractor Information
Upon receipt of this form, ATCE Management will send the required paperwork to the appointed EAC which includes the EAC Agreement, sample of insurance requirements and a Badge Request Form. In order for EAC personnel to be allowed on the floor to service the exhibit booths, all paperwork must be completed and returned no later than 14 September 2009.
NOTE: Children under the age of 18 are not permitted in the exhibit area during installation and dismantle. Children under the age of 15 are not permitted in the exhibit area during official show hours.
Registration and Hotel Accommodations
- Online Exhibitor Registration (or download the PDF registration form to submit by mail or fax)
- Hotel Accommodations
Please be reminded that Experient is the official contractor for housing for ATCE 2009. SPE will not be responsible for any rates, changes, etc. if you choose to use another housing contractor.
- Complimentary Shuttle Service
- An Exhibitor’s Guide to Publicity
- Complimentary Exhibitor Program Listing
Create your online and printed exhibitor listing for the Conference Program by 1 July 2009. If you have any questions, please contact Barbara Katz.
- Lead Retrieval (Expo Card)
- Guest Card Program
Instructions: Each exhibitor will be sent a guest card master which they may customize. There is no charge for receiving and distributing the guest cards; however, you will be charged USD 15 for each card redeemed at the show per day (e.g. if one person comes 2 different days, the charge will be USD 30 and a new card will need to be presented each day at the registration desk.) Click on link above for complete details regarding the ATCE 2009 Guest Card Program.
- ATCE Graphic Download and Usage Guidelines
- Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
- Pre-registered journalists attending ATCE 2009 (As of 1 September)
SPE has appointed Freeman as the official decorator and labor contractor. Freeman can assist you with carpet, furnishings, labor, modular exhibit rentals, signs/graphics and hanging sign labor.
Visit Freeman Online to order your Freeman services, view important dates, and print forms.
Many of the forms are also available in the Deadline and Forms Checklist.
- Freeman Quick Facts
Quick Facts provides details of booth equipment and services you receive with your exhibit space, discount pricing deadlines, and Service Center hours as well as carpet and drape colors, installation and dismantling information and warehouse shipping deadlines.
- Freeman Method of Payment Form
Be sure to include this document along with your order forms.
Material Handling Freight Services
SPE has appointed Freeman as the exclusive contractor to control access to the Morial Convention Center for all delivery and freight trucks, administer assignment and usage of loading docks, and supervise the local Teamsters Union Labor responsible for the loading and unloading of freight shipments.
- Freeman will begin accepting advance warehouse shipments on Tuesday, 3 September 2009. To avoid additional after deadline charges, materials must arrive by Thursday, 24 September 2009.
- Freeman will receive shipments on-site at the exhibit facility beginning Thursday, 1 October 2009. Shipments arriving before this date may be refused by the facility. Any charges incurred for early freight accepted by the facility will be the responsibility of the exhibitor.
Visit Freeman Online to order these services electronically.
You may find several of the standard forms in the Deadline and Forms Checklist.
- What are Freight Services?
- Shipping Quick Facts
- Special Information on Material Handling/Freight Services
- Marshalling Yard Map
- Freeman Method of Payment Form
Be sure this document is included with all your order forms.
SPE provides its exhibitors with resources to obtain the additional services you may require to maximize your exhibiting experience. Before ordering from another source, please check the Official Service Contractors List for exclusive contractors which are designated by an asterisk.
Services such as electrical – telephone– internet– air/water/drainage – catering may only be ordered directly from the Morial Convention Center. These services in addition to computer rental, floral arrangements and photography are shown on the checklist.
REMINDER: When ordering electrical and plumbing outlets, telephones and internet services from the Morial Convention Center, the Utility Locations Form MUST BE submitted with your order. If you do not have a plan, please use the grid on the form and submit it with your forms. Complete instructions for filling out the grid are included on the form.
|DeeDee Bailey, Meetings Manager||+1.972.952.9316|
|Barbara Katz, Exhibits Manager||+1.972.952.9326|
|Karen Rainish, Exhibits Coordinator||+1.972.952.9459|
|Trudy Robinson, Exhibits Coordinator||+1.972.952.9507|
|Joan Payne, Exhibition Sales Mgr., Americas||+1.972.952.9356|
|Kirk Colligan, Sales Representative||+1.972.952.9516|