Why Attend ATCE 2009?
ATCE 2009 is one of the best ways that you can gain technical knowledge and make valuable contacts, while optimally using your training budget. Register now!
Top 5 Reasons to Attend ATCE 2009
- 375 peer-selected technical papers covering current applications and future technologies
- 400 exhibiting companies showcasing the latest products and services
- Networking events
- Student and young professional activities
- Continuing education opportunities (receive maximum of 1.6 CEUs for pre-show short courses and maximum of 1.7 CEUs for attending ATCE technical sessions)
Share What You Learn
Help your company make the most of your time away:
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation to your colleagues to share what you learned. That way, others on your team will gain the benefits of your attendance.
- Share presenter handouts and exhibiting companies’ materials with your colleagues.
- Work with your manager to review which technical sessions will most benefit you and your company.
- Develop a schedule for yourself and other colleagues who may be attending to ensure coverage on-site—and back at the office.
- Save money while learning from others—offer to share a room to reduce hotel expenses or use our shuttle buses instead of renting a car.
Ways to Save
Follow these tips to help you maximize your time and money spent at ATCE!
Before ATCE 2009:
- Book your hotel room by 31 August to take advantage of the group rate.
- Register by 8 September and save $100 on full registration.
- Take advantage of other group discounts for rental cars and airport shuttle service.
- Use ATCE for continuing education credits—arrive early to attend one of our many SPE short courses (maximum 1.6 CEUs) and attend our technical sessions (maximum of 1.7 CEUs).
- Create a “Expo Plan” to maximize your time on the exhibit floor.
- Make a checklist of the technical sessions that you want to attend.
At ATCE 2009:
- Visit the SPE Pavilion (booth 2541) to pick-up your CD Proceedings (for full registration attendees). This CD includes all of the technical papers being presented at ATCE.
- While you’re in the SPE Pavilion, check out the bookstore to buy member-priced books and avoid shipping costs. Also, pick-up complimentary copies of JPT and the SPE peer-reviewed journals.
- Don’t have a rental car? No worries, we offer complimentary shuttle service between the official hotels and the convention center.
- Bring a print-out of your “Expo Plan” or view it on your web-enabled phone.
- Stay informed of new developments on-site by following #ATCE on Twitter.
- Pick-up a copy of the on-site program to quickly find your way around the convention center.
- Attend the special events on the exhibit floor to network with colleagues and exhibitors.
After ATCE 2009:
- Schedule some time to review the notes and materials you collected and evaluate solutions while ideas are still fresh in your mind. Offer to provide a recap of what you learned to your boss and coworkers.
- Didn’t pick up a business card from an exhibitor? You can find all of the exhibitor’s contact information online. Follow-up with exhibitors and other professionals that you met.
- Visit the ATCE website after the show to view video from a select group of sessions or download available presentations.
Calculate your ATCE 2009 Return on Investment!
By attending ATCE 2009, your company can avoid some of the costs of consultants or various educational sources, including time-consuming and costly classes. You can gain the knowledge you need in less time and at a lower cost.
- Download this spreadsheet to help calculate how much money you or your company could save by attending ATCE.