What to know before you go
For those of you who are attending ATCE for the first time or just want to learn more about our new venue in Florence, we've compiled answers to frequently-asked questions, ideas from past attendees, and other information that you might want to know.
What does registration include?
Full conference registrations include one CD Proceedings and admittance to technical sessions, exhibition, daily lunch, coffee breaks, afternoon gelato, and cocktail hour, but does NOT include training courses and ticketed events.
New for 2010, full conference registration includes post-show access to SPE On Demand—where you can find technical sessions' PowerPoint presentations synched to the audio.
Here is a list of the events that you must have a separate ticket for:
After Monday, 13 September, attendees will need to register on-site beginning Saturday, 18 September 2010. Registrants may pay online in Euros by credit card or bank transfer. We accept American Express, Visa, and MasterCard credit cards.
- ATCE has many official conference hotels that offer special group rates, so reserve your room soon to take advantage of this offer.
- NewTours is the official housing company for ATCE. No other hotel/housing provider is authorized to contact you on behalf of ATCE. We will vigorously pursue these other companies to prevent unauthorized contact.
- SPE will not provide transportation between the venue and official hotels. Attendees will need to take a taxi if their hotel is not within walking distance.
Attendee Badge Pick-Up
- No badges will be mailed for ATCE 2010. All badges will be available for on-site pick-up in Registration at Fortezza de Basso starting Saturday, 18 September.
- Please be prepared to show photo ID (passport or driver's license) to pick up your conference badge.
Map of the Fortezza da Basso
Download an overall map to help you find the correct floor and building for each event. A copy of this map is also available in the on-site program which you can pick up in Registration.
Suggested Dress Code
- Don’t know what to wear? SPE conferences are business-casual to business-formal. Evening events such as the Annual Reception and Banquet are business-formal.
- As with any destination, we recommend that conference attendees practice common sense and do not wander into deserted, non-tourist areas of the city.
- Wear your name badge at all times while in the convention center. Do not wear your name badge out in public.
Full conference registration includes daily lunch (Monday-Wednesday). 1-day registration includes lunch on the day you are attending. You may pick up your lunch between 1215-1345 hours on the first floor of Spadolini.
Complimentary internet access is available in the wireless lounge on the first floor of Spadolini.
Student and Young Professional Events
- ATCE helps students and young professionals accelerate their careers by providing valuable lectures and presentations, workshops, student paper competitions, and numerous networking events and opportunities.
- For example, this year at ATCE:
- The Young Professionals Workshop and Reception
- Student PetroBowl
- International Student Paper Contest
- Are you an international attendee? If yes, then you need to start planning now!
- The process for obtaining a passport or visa may take several months. Create an official SPE invitation letter online. that you can print and use in obtaining a visa. Please note that this letter does not guarantee that you will be granted a visa, nor does it commit SPE to assist you in obtaining a visa.
It’s All About Networking!
- Get the most out of ATCE by maximizing your networking! Attend social events such as:
- Expo Welcome on Exhibit Floor
- Cocktail Hour on Exhibit Floor
- Students: Take advantage of specials events designed just for you!
- Use the ExpoPlan feature to save time on the exhibit floor and find vendors who meet your needs.
Technical Session Format
- Want to know what a technical session consists of?
- It is typically 6-8 presentations, 25 minutes each, with Q&A at the end. Presentations can be based on papers or keynote and/or panel discussions.
- Papers are grouped together in sessions by technical discipline.
- Browse the technical program online for details on each technical session topic.
- Access to these technical sessions is including with full conference registration and 1-day technical sessions & exhibits registration.
Find Exhibitors that Fit Your Technical Needs
“As ATCE is SPE’s annual meeting of its membership, we want to ensure that it is accessible to all members around the world. Having the conference rotate to an international location is an important step in that goal.”
2011 SPE President Alain Labastie, Total