Exhibitor Travel Safety Tips
Although a comprehensive security program will be in place to help ensure the safety of all participants, we offer the following information as a reminder to ensure a safe and secure conference.
General Security and Travel Information
- Make sure your shipping cartons do not identify the actual contents. Use coded labels and give special consideration to prototypes, irreplaceable and highly valuable items.
- Do not show your home address and phone number on your personal luggage. Use a business card if possible should you need to be contacted.
- Secure personal and exhibiting items during set up and tear down.
- Do not leave laptops, cameras, purses and other small valuables out to tempt someone. Do not be fooled by placing items under a draped table as this is one of the first places a would-be thief would look.
- Do not leave your booth unattended at the close of the show. Plan your travel schedule so that you can properly secure your exhibiting materials before departing.
- Bring proper photo identification. All conference participants, including exhibitors and exhibitor-appointed contractors, must have proper photo identification to pick up their badge. Only personnel with official conference badges will be allowed in the technical sessions and in the exhibition area during official show hours.
- Remove your badge upon leaving the show facility.
- Mark any special health conditions on the back of your badge so it is readily available should there be an unexpected emergency.
By taking advantage of some of these basic security precautions, we can all do our part to ensure a safe and secure conference.
Upon Arrival at the Show
• Locate your booth space.
• Be sure to take a copy of all order forms that were submitted to verify that everything has been done and is in working order.
• Make sure your booth containers are properly marked for proper storage during the show.
• Keep your hotel room number to yourself.
• Keep valuables in hotel safe deposit box.
Close of the Show
- Be patient! Empty containers will be returned to you as soon as possible.
- Confirm return of rental equipment and obtain a receipt.
- Confirm and make payment on invoices for additional services ordered and obtain copies.
- Make sure your materials are packed correctly and are located within the confines of your booth.
- Confirm arrangement for outbound shipping and obtain copies of airway bills and shipping records.