Since its first conference 88 years ago, the Society of Petroleum Engineers’
Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE) has attracted more
than a half million of the E&P industry’s greatest minds from more
than 50 countries around the world.
Technical sessions, presented concurrently with an exhibition, focus on
all phases of oil and gas exploration and production. Special events
allow E&P professionals to network with colleagues from around the
world and celebrate key successes in the industry.
Top Reasons to Attend ATCE 2012
ATCE 2012 is one of the best ways that you can gain technical knowledge
and make valuable contacts, while saving on consulting and research
costs. Here is why you should attend.
- 350+ peer-selected technical papers covering current applications and
- Expanded technical content and events for projects, facilities, and construction professionals.
- 400+ exhibiting companies—the largest in ATCE’s history—showcasing the latest technologies, new product launches, and valuable industry services
- Numerous networking events
- Student and young professional activities
- Pre- and post-show training courses
ATCE also offers the opportunity for SPE volunteers to share best practices
for their committees and sections.
Learn more about this year’s event. Browse the ATCE 2012 technical
program and exhibitor
Connect with SPE
SPE provides multiple ways for you to keep up with important ATCE news:
- Follow us on Twitter
- Sign-up for email updates
- Join us on Facebook for
updates on ATCE and other SPE products and services
- Download the mobile app
- Network with attendees and plan one-on-one meetings with ATCE Network, Sponsored by Weatherford
How to Justify Your Attendance
Here are some tips on getting employer support to attend ATCE 2012:
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation to your colleagues
to share what you learned. That way, others on your team will gain
the benefits of your attendance.
- Explain what you plan to get out of attending and how that will
benefit your company.
- Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are
attending the conference.
- Offer to share a room to reduce hotel expenses and/or utilize our complimentary
hotel shuttle service to avoid renting a car.
- Share presenter handouts and exhibiting companies’ materials with your
colleagues. SPE On Demand offers you unlimited access to many of the
presentations and audio from the ATCE technical sessions.
- You receive continuing education credits for attending.
- If you are an SPE member, you can take advantage of discounted registration. See registration pricing.
- Attending an SPE training course after ATCE can maximize your time
spent traveling for continuing education.