SPE awards recognize members for their technical contributions, professional excellence, career achievement, service to colleagues, industry leadership, and public service.
International awards recognize individuals and companies who make significant technical and professional contributions to the petroleum engineering profession and to the worldwide oil and gas industry.
Award recipients are announced in July, posted on the SPE website, and published in the Journal of Petroleum Technology. The awards are presented during ATCE.
- Anthony F. Lucas Technical Leadership Gold Medal
- John Franklin Carll Distinguished Professional Award
- Lester C. Uren Technical Excellence Award
- Completions Optimization and Technology Award
- Drilling Engineering Award
- Formation Evaluation Award
- Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Social Responsibility Award
- Management and Information Award
- Production and Operations Award
- Projects, Facilities and Construction Award
- Reservoir Description and Dynamics Award
- Cedric K. Ferguson Young Technical Author Medal
- Charles F. Rand Memorial Gold Medal
- DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal
- Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty
- Distinguished Lifetime Achievement Award
- Distinguished Service Award
- Public Service Award
- Robert Earll McConnell Award
- Young Member Outstanding Service Award
Regional and section awards recognize members who contribute exceptional service and leadership within SPE, as well as making significant professional contributions within their technical disciplines at the SPE regional level.
Awards are presented at the appropriate SPE region or SPE section meeting.