Established in 1983, the Distinguished Member award recognizes SPE members who achieve distinction deemed worthy of special recognition. This award acknowledges members who have attained eminence in the petroleum industry or the academic community, or who have made significant contributions to SPE.
- Must be a living member of SPE.
- Must not be on the current SPE Board of Directors or Distinguished Member committee or have served in the last 2 years.
- Must not have been awarded Distinguished Membership in a prior year.
- Must have been recognized for outstanding or notable contributions in some aspect of petroleum engineering or exhibited service to an SPE section or the Society.
A member will be automatically elected if they are:
- a recipient of the Anthony F. Lucas Gold Medal, John Franklin Carll Award, Lester C. Uren Award, DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal, Public Service Award or the Distinguished Service Award.
- a past president of SPE or AIME
- an SPE-AIME Honorary Member
- Fill out nomination form.
- Complete all required information on nomination form, incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
- Include a complete statement of the reasons for proposing the candidate, with a record of the candidate's professional and industrial achievements in detail.
- Send to email@example.com by 15 February
- Encourage no more than 3 colleagues to send letters supporting this nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not reference or attach a resume or CV; all information must be included on the nomination form. Nominations and letters of recommendation are considered confidential.