Formation Evaluation Award
The SPE Formation Evaluation Award recognizes outstanding achievements in or contributions to the advancement of petroleum engineering in the area of formation evaluation, encompassing core analysis, well logging, and petrophysics.
Must be a living member of SPE or a group, the lead of which is an SPE member.
A nominee is not eligible:
- If they have received the John Franklin Carll Award, Lester C. Uren Award, DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal, or Anthony F. Lucas Gold Medal
- If they are on the current SPE Board of Directors, Formation Evaluation award committee or those who have served in these positions during the past 2 years.
- Fill out nomination form.
- Complete all required information on nomination form; incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
- Include a complete statement of the reasons for proposing the candidate, with a record of the candidate's professional and industrial achievements in detail.
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 February
- Encourage no more than 3 colleagues to send letters supporting this nomination to email@example.com.
Do not reference or attach a resume or CV; all information must be included on the nomination form. Nominations and letters of recommendation are considered confidential. Candidates remain on the active consideration list for 3 years and if a candidate is not selected during the 3-year active consideration cycle, they can be renominated the following year if all other eligibility requirements are met.