Honorary Membership is the highest honor that SPE presents to an individual and is limited to 0.1% of the SPE total membership. This elite group represents those individuals who have given outstanding service to SPE or have demonstrated distinguished scientific or engineering achievements in the fields within the technical scope of SPE.
Anyone demonstrating exceptional service to SPE or outstanding achievements in the industry.
A nominee is not eligible:
- If they are on the current SPE Board of Directors or Distinguished Member committee or those who have served in these positions during the past 2 years.
Note: Once awarded, the member is ineligible for nomination for all other society international awards.
- Fill out nomination form.
- Complete all required information on nomination form, incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
- Include a complete statement of the reasons for proposing the candidate, with a record of the candidate's professional and industrial achievements in detail.
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 February
- Encourage no more than three colleagues to send letters supporting this nomination to email@example.com.
Do not reference or attach a resume or CV; all information must be included on the nomination form. Nominations and letters of recommendation are considered confidential. Candidates remain on the active consideration list for 3 years and if a candidate is not selected during the 3-year active consideration cycle, they can be renominated the following year if all other eligibility requirements are met.
According to a resolution passed in November 1941 by the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers Board of Directors, Honorary Membership may be awarded in appreciation of outstanding service to the Institute and its Societies or in recognition of distinguished scientific or engineering achievement.