Robert Earll McConnell Award
The Robert Earll McConnell Award recognizes beneficial service to mankind by engineers through significant contributions that advance a nation’s standard of living or replenish its natural resource base. Such significant contribution may be represented by discovery of a major source of mineral supply, or by development of an engineering process to extend present minerals supplies, or by other outstanding engineering contributions that enhance the standard of living.
- You cannot nominate yourself.
A nominee is not eligible:
If they have received the Anthony F. Lucas Medal or the Charles F. Rand Memorial Medal.
If they are a recipient of SPE Honorary Membership.
If they are on the current SPE Board of Directors, Charles F. Rand Memorial Gold Medal award committee, or have served in these positions during the past 2 years.
- Fill out nomination form.
- Complete all required information on nomination form; incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
- Include a complete statement of the reasons for proposing the candidate, with a record of the candidate's professional and industrial achievements in detail.
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 February
- Encourage no more than 3 colleagues to send letters supporting this nomination to email@example.com.
Do not reference or attach a resume or CV; all information must be included on the nomination form. Nominations and letters of recommendation are considered confidential.Candidates remain on the active consideration list for 3 years and if a candidate is not selected during the 3-year active consideration cycle, they can be renominated the following year if all other eligibility requirements are met.
About Robert Earll McConnell Award
The Robert Earll McConnell Award was established in 1968 to recognize beneficial service to mankind by engineers through significant contributions which tend to advance a nation's standard of living or replenish its natural resources. Robert Earll McConnell was a member of AIME and a prominent mining engineer.