Regional Technical Awards Criteria
The SPE Regional Technical Awards acknowledge exceptional contributions to the Society of Petroleum Engineers at the section or regional level and recognize singular devotion of time and effort to the programs and development of technical expertise in eight disciplines.
About the Technical Discipline Awards
These awards cover the following eight disciplines:
- Completions Optimization and Technology | Past Recipients
- Drilling Engineering | Past Recipients
- Formation Evaluation | Past Recipients
- Health, Safety, Social Responsibility and Environment | Past Recipients
- Management and Information | Past Recipients
- Production and Operations | Past Recipients
- Projects, Facilities and Construction | Past Recipients
- Reservoir Description and Dynamics | Past Recipients
- Must be a paid, professional member
- Must be residing in region for at least the most recent 12 months prior to award. Note: The region is determined by the section the nominee belongs to.
- Must not have served as an officer or director of the SPE International Board of Directors within 24 months of award
- Must not be an Honorary Member
- Must not be a recipient of:
- International award equivalent
- John Franklin Carll Distinguished Professional Award
- Lester C. Uren Technical Excellence Award
- DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal
- Must not be a recipient of this same award in the region in the last 5 years
- Cannot be a resident in any US or EU sanctioned country
- Cannot nominate self
Complete the nomination form. Please be prepared to answer the questions below.
- Statement of the significant reason why candidate should be selected for this award: One sentence (400 character limit) summarizing the accomplishments of the candidate that meet the award criteria.
- Describe specific examples of the candidate's work that support the award criteria: For example: industry experience, major accomplishments, publications, education, etc. These may be listed in bullet format.
- Letters of recommendation will not be accepted.
Place all content in space provided in the online form.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.