I would like to take this opportunity to pass along a heartfelt thank you to all the SPE member volunteers throughout the Canadian Region who have stepped up this year to serve and/or contribute in various roles. The SPE simply would not be able to achieve its mission without this extraordinary level of volunteerism.
Thank you to:
- Section and Student Chapter executive officers and members
- Conference, workshop and forum Organizing Committee members
- Student Chapter faculty liaisons
- SPE Distinguished Lecturers
- SPE course instructors
- Technical paper/presentation authors
- Community and education outreach emissaries
- Social and Award committees
- SPE Canada Board and Canadian Educational Foundation Board members
- Companies/managers that have sponsored and/or facilitated Member involvement in SPE activities.
In line with recognition, please take the time to identify and nominate worthy candidates for a Regional Award. I would also like to acknowledge the efforts and contributions of our SPE Canada staff toward the planning and execution of successful events throughout the region.
Your continued engagement and support is even more crucial as the industry continues to work through this challenging period. Please take every opportunity possible to provide support and assistance to SPE Members in Transition seeking reemployment in the industry as well as the many graduating and coop students looking for entry level or temporary job placements. Visit the Members in Transition Toolkit to learn more about what the SPE is doing to assist its MITs.
SPE Regional Director for Canada