SPE Drilling & Completion
The Lunskoye field is a large gas condensate field offshore Sakhalin Island
in the Far East of the Russian Federation. This paper presents a case history
describing the completion of the first seven big bore gas wells from the newly
installed platform Lunskoye-A (LUN-A) including:
- Reservoir setting and field development.
- Selected drilling aspects (well trajectory, casing scheme, cement bond,
drill-in fluid, formation evaluation).
- Completion design for the big bore gas wells (production capacity, material
selection, sand control, other).
- Big bore gas well completion (wellbore clean-out, completion installation,
perforating, clean-up, bean-up).
- (Initial) production performance.
Operational experiences gained and optimization steps implemented during the
actual completion and start-up of the first seven big bore gas wells will be
© 2011. Society of Petroleum Engineers
View full textPDF
- Original manuscript received:
2 April 2011
- Revised manuscript received:
11 July 2011
- Manuscript approved:
1 August 2011
- Published online:
22 December 2011
- Version of record:
27 December 2011