Panel Discussion: Delivering Increased and Sustainable ValueThrough Well Construction Systems Automation
Organized by SPE DSATS and the IADC ART Committee
1:00 – 5:30 p.m. CET, 28 February
Rai Convention Centre, Amsterdam
Room 002-005, Ground Floor
How will well construction automation progress over the next five years? What is – or should be – the implementation protocols of advanced technologies and practices for well construction?
To expore this and other related topics, the SPE Drilling Systems Automation Technical Section (DSATS) and the IADC Advanced Rig Technology (ART) Committee will host a free half-day interactive panel discussion from 1 to 5:30 p.m. CET on 28 February at the Rai Convention Centre in Amsterdam, with 300 attendees expected. This meeting is scheduled the afternoon before the 2011 SPE/IADC Drilling Conference.
Although attendance at the panel discussion is free-of-charge, you must R.S.V.P. to attend.
Note: To register for the SPE/IADC Drilling Conference, use the Registration button at the top of the page.
Huisman Equipment B.V. is graciously sponsoring a cocktail reception for attendees immediately following the panel discussion.
Confirmed panelists include senior managers responsible for implementing automation and representing the spectrum of the well-construction industry:
- Antonio Lage, Manager of Technology for Well Construction, Petrobras R&D Center (Cenpes)
- Graham Brander, Director of Worldwide Drilling, Apache Corporation
- Svein Erik Eide, VP Drilling and Wells, Statoil
- Mike Mannering, President, Rig Management Group, Schlumberger
- Eugene Murphy, President, Kenda Capital LLC (Investment Managers for Shell Technology Ventures Fund 1)
- Denver Smart, Director Global Oil and Gas, Emerson Process Management - Micro Motion division
Facilitator is John de Wardt, President, DE WARDT & COMPANY.
Challenges this session will address include:
- Who will be the integrator of well construction automation systems?
- Who will map workflows that cross multiple companies’ equipment and services?
- How will the business model develop to drive growth of value through automation?
Don’t forget to register for the 2011 SPE/IADC Drilling Conference
and to R.S.V.P. for the panel discussion.