Challenges and Changes
SPE’s 3rd annual Caspian Technical Conference and Exhibition returned to Astana, Kazakhstan on 1-3 November 2016. This year's theme "Challenges and Changes," focused on the current market conditions facing the oil and gas industry, both globally and on a local level. It provided a platform for local, regional and international experts to discuss topics relevant to maintaining and boosting technological advancements and developments in the region.
Over 400 industry professionals passed through the doors of the Palace of Independence and CTCE drew senior speakers from the highest echelons of government, operators, service providers, advisory firms, and energy research companies including: Sauat Mynbayev - Chairman of the Board, KazMunaiGas; Magzum Mirzagaliev - Vice-Minister of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan; Bolat Akchulakov, General Director, KAZENERGY; Kenzhebek Ibrashev, General Director, PSA; Cheryl Gomez-Smith - Managing Director, ExxonMobil Kazakhstan; and Duncan van Bergen - Vice-President, Upstream and Country Chair, Kazakhstan, Shell to name a few. Read More >>>
"Effective technological development is impossible without a platform for the exchange of professional experience and best practice on current important issues. The Caspian Technical Conference and Exhibition, returning to Astana this year, is a particularly significant event for the Kazakh oil and gas industry."
— Magzum Mirzagaliyev, Vice-Minister of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Reviews and Interviews from Prior CTCE Events
2015 CTCE in Azerbaijan
2014 CTCE in Kazakhstan
Top Reasons to Attend
- Keynote panel sessions exploring some of the key issues faced by the Caspian region
- A full technical programme with a focus on research-based presentations to facilitate the exchange of knowledge, best practice and experiences
- Excellent networking opportunities
- Discover, debate, and discuss the latest challenges and trends in the industry
Who Should Attend
- Oil and gas professionals, experts, and managers
- Service, supply and consulting companies
- Government regulators
- Health, safety, and environmental professionals and representatives
- Local, national and international governmental organisations
- Non-governmental organisations
- Professional societies
- Universities, research centres, and institutes
"SPE CTCE helps KAZENERGY reach its goals on behalf of its members, by helping find solutions to the technical challenges faced by the region's upstream oil and gas sector. In this way the industry is positioned to move to the next stage of its development, and the local economy benefits. We wish all delegates, exhibitors and visitors fruitful discussions and every success".
— Bolat Akchulakov, General Director, KAZENERGY Association
"SPE provides resources to help the industry develop oil and gas resources in Kazakhstan, as well as globally and to the public in general, a role that has become even more important given the current market conditions in the oil and gas industry. KMG is proud to continue its support for CTCE this year".
— Christopher Hopkinson, First Deputy Chairman, KazMunaiGas