SPE’S Annual CTCE 2017 Establishes a Renewed Sense of Optimism for the Caspian Region
SPE’s annual Caspian Technical Conference and Exhibition (CTCE) successfully came to a close in Baku, Azerbaijan after three packed days. Over 550 oil and gas professionals from 22 countries attended the conference.
Attendees came from 78 companies across the globe including Azerbaijan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and numerous countries outside the Caspian Region. The event saw participation from key industry players including SOCAR, BP, Total, Statoil, ExxonMobil, Tengizchevroil, JSC NC KazMunayGaz, Dragon Oil, Petronas, INPEX, Gazprom Neft PJSC, Novatek, Resman, Roxar, Goldman Sachs, Lukoil, Schlumberger, Halliburton, Baker Hughes to name a few.
Opening Ceremony and Panel Speakers
Opening Ceremony Keynote Speakers:
Darcy Spady, 2018 SPE President
Academician Khoshbakht Yusifzadeh, First Vice President, SOCAR
Brant Hasebe, VP Reservoir Development, BP
Denis Lemarchal, Managing Director, TOTAL E&P Azerbaijan
Ibrahim Guliyev, VP of the National Academy of Sciences
Oleg Karpushin, EVP Operations, Production and Oil Field Services, JSC NC KazMunayGaz
Ted Etchison, General Director, Tengizchevroil
Mars Khasanov, Technology Director, Gazprom Neft PJSC
Sergey Kolbikov, Head of Reservoir Engineering, NOVATEK
Ali Al-Jarwan, CEO, Managing Director Exploration and Production, Dragon Oil
High Level Panel Discussion Participants:
Moderator: Darcy Spady, 2018 SPE President
Panellists: Abzatdin Adamov, ADA University; Mars Khasanov, Gazprom Neft; Sergey Kolbikov, NOVATEK; Oddvar Vermedal, Statoil;
Yves Le Stunff , TOTAL E&P
Moderator: Yashar Latifov, Vice President, Field Development, SOCAR
Panellists: Abdulbari Gozal, Director, Azersun Holding; Ramin Isayev, General Director, SOCAR AQS; Gokhan Saygi, President, Russia & Central Asia, Schlumberger; Kamran Abbasov, First Deputy General Director, Sumgait Technologies Park
Moderator: Bahram Huseynov, Vice President, Geology and Geophysics, SOCAR
Panellists: Ali Al-Jarwan, Dragon Oil; Mustafa Babanli, Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University; Ewan Drummond, BP; Martin C. Wiewiorowski, DeGolyer & McNaughton, Heydar Mamedov, Goldman Sachs
This year’s CTCE again collaborated with the Azerbaijan Society of Petroleum Geologists (ASPG), the Local Chapter of European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers (EAGE) and the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG), which enabled delegates the opportunity to attend - at no extra cost - all three conferences under one roof. It provided the region’s oil and gas industry with an all-encompassing technical conference.
TOP REASONS TO ATTEND
- ACCESS keynote panel sessions exploring key issues faced by the Caspian region.
- ENHANCE your knowledge with a full technical programme with a focus on research-based presentations to facilitate the exchange of knowledge, best practices, and experiences.
- LISTEN to high level speakers and technical presentations from 40 plus companies from Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Russia, Turkmenistan, France, Norway, UK, USA, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and more.
- EXPAND your professional network through excellent networking opportunities.
- DISCOVER, debate, and discuss the latest challenges and trends in the industry.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Oil and gas professionals, experts, and managers
- Petroleum and upstream service, supply, and consulting companies
- Energy industry government regulators
- E&P health, safety, and environmental professionals and representatives
- Local, national, and international governmental organisations
- Non-governmental organisations
- Energy professional societies
- Universities, research centres, and institutes
"SPE's prestigious CTCE event is significant for the Caspian oil & gas industry. The 4th annual edition taking place in Baku, provides a unique opportunity for local and international oil and gas professionals to come together and share their challenges and experiences, enhance technical knowledge, build business networks, and help to progress understanding of new technologies and developments in the industry. I’m planning to attend and I hope to see you there.”
Darcy Spady, SPE 2018 President
"ExxonMobil is a long-time supporter of SPE worldwide and we are proud to be one of the contributors to the growth of SPE in the Caspian region.
"The SPE Annual Caspian Technical Conference is an important platform for enhancing technical knowledge, exchanging ideas, building business / technical networks, and discussing pressing industry issues.”
Cheryl Gomez-Smith, ExxonMobil Kazakhstan Inc.
View the Kazakh TV review on CTCE 2016:
Want to See More?
View the 2015 Kazakh TV review.
View the 2014 Kazakh TV review.