Plan Your Visit to Salvador
Conference Venue: Fiesta Bahia Hotel
Av. Antônio Carlos Magalhães, 711
Salvador – BA
Official Travel Agency
To ensure your housing space, we encourage you to book your hotel rooms in advance. Hotel accommodations and transportation arrangements are organized through Tatur Turismo, the official travel agency for the SPE Latin America and Caribbean Mature Fields Symposium in Salvador. Tatur Turismo offers hotel accommodations with special rates, transfers, and optional tours.
Housing and Transfers
For further information, please contact Angelo Rangel with Tatur Turismo:
SPE has negotiated discounts from 2% to 10% off published fares with United Airlines for this event. To take advantage of this offer:
Choose your flight times at www.united.com.
Click on All Search Options, Promotions and Certificates and insert Offer Code ZXK2999761.
You can also call your travel professional or United Meetings at 800-426-1122 for reservations. Refer to Z Code ZXK2 and Agreement Code: 999761.
Joint Venture Star Alliance partners (Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, Brussels Air) and Air Canada are also included in this program. A reservation for these partners must be completed through united.com.
SPE does not have any agreements for discounts with any other airlines. Please feel free to take advantage of this offer or book your flight with your preferred airline.
Travel Safety Tips
When traveling, as in any major city, take certain precautions whether you are traveling or exploring the city. Be sure to:
- Lock up your valuables. Hotels provide safety deposit boxes in their rooms. It’s recommended that jewelry, airline tickets, money, and any important documents be stored in the hotel safe.
- Remember your adapters. Salvador has 110 or 120 Volt 60 cycles alternate current (AC).
- Try not to use mobile telephones in the street and be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep cameras and video recorders out of plain sight. Avoid wearing excessive jewelry, carrying any valuables, or large amounts of cash.
- Use credit cards where possible. Your wallet should contain your ID, credit cards, and a minimum amount of cash.
- Withdraw cash from ATMs that are inside banks and commercial centers.
- Notify hotel management as soon as possible in the event of a lost or stolen room key card.
- Travel in a group and plan your itinerary before leaving the hotel to ensure you make your destination smoothly. If you get lost, call a taxi to take you to your destination. Your hotel can recommend a reputable taxi company.
- Keep an eye on your luggage.
- Change currency in Exchange shops or at the hotel’s front desk. Currency in Brazil is the Real (BRL).
- Pack casual spring and summer clothes. Because of warm temperatures ranging from 68 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit, they are appropriate for almost every region and occasion.
- Bring a light jacket or sweater because some buildings and restaurants can be a little cool with the air conditioner.
- Tip extra if you want to. Restaurants, taxis and hotel tips are 10–15%. Most restaurants include a 10% tip on their bill.