2018 Conference Theme:
Changing Industry Context – Challenges and Opportunities within Drilling, Reservoir Management and Production
"One of the few showcases truly focusing on technology and innovation. Opportunities to network with the industry don't come better than this."
Giedre Malinauskaite, Marketing Manager, FourPhase
The SPE One Day Seminar is the key annual forum for discussion points, industry developments and technical challenges facing upstream oil and gas not only in the Norwegian Continental Shelf, but also the wider E&P industry. The conference's highly respected technical content represents a diverse range of oil and gas disciplines and provides an excellent learning experience. The seminar will provide scope for networking with industry colleagues, as well as an exhibition that will showcase leading organisations active within the sector.
As the only dedicated event in Norway to address well, drilling, completion and intervention issues, it is also the only SPE event held in Norway on a regular basis. 2018 marks the event’s 25th year and a number of far-reaching initiatives will be put in place to encourage greater engagement from operator companies, broaden participation from the wider NCS, and strengthen its position as the leading event of its type in the industry.
Among the changes for 2018:
- Increased operator participation through
- More discounted and free places to attend the event
- Wider representation from operator companies on the programme committee including the co-chairs
- Board-level engagement between SPE and operator firms to encourage involvement at the event
- Improved support for internal communication within operator firms to promote the event to employees
- The event will be rebranded as the Norway One Day Seminar to demonstrate its position as a national event
- A new location in close proximity to Statoil’s Bergen office and a larger portion of the industry
- A streamlined event format with two-panel sessions composed of high-level industry representatives
- Simplified sponsorship packages with sponsors being able to nominate representatives from operator companies to attend for free
- A Young Professionals programme will be developed alongside the main seminar to broaden the event’s reach
- More opportunities for attendees, sponsors and exhibitors to interact