2018 IOGP Outstanding Young Professional Award
Nominations are now open for the ‘2018 IOGP Outstanding Young Professional Award’, hosted by the International Association of Oil and Gas Producers (IOGP) in association with the biennial SPE International Conference and Exhibition on Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Social Responsibility.
The Outstanding Young Professional Award recognises the achievements of an individual with fewer than 10 years of professional E&P experience. The recipient must have demonstrated professional accomplishments and evidence of outstanding talent, dedication and leadership in at least one aspect of health, safety, security, the environment and/or social responsibility.
IOGP is looking to senior members of the industry to nominate Young Professionals who meet the award criteria.
Eligibility and award criteria
The Outstanding Young Professional Award is open to all individuals (not just IOGP and SPE members) who have fewer than 10 years of professional E&P experience. Nominees must:
- Be well-respected and in good standing within the community.
- Serve as a role model for other young professionals.
- Demonstrate noteworthy professional and personal achievement.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence and proven leadership.
- Exhibit expertise, passion and the ability to inspire others.
- Professional SPE members (with more than 10 years of experience) in the oil and gas industry.
- No member of the Award Committee shall be eligible to nominate for this award while serving as a member of the Award Committee and for a period of two years after the expiration of his or her term of service on the Committee.
Award selection process
- The Award Committee, consisting of SPE members and IOGP officials, will select five final candidates.
- The Committee will then ask each of the five finalists to prepare a short video presentation (no longer than 5 minutes and 1GB in the style of a TED talk) that explains “How innovation in HSSE-SR can make the oil and gas industry more sustainable and more acceptable to the wider world.”
- IOGP encourages nominees to be creative in the use of their video. Videos must be uploaded to a designated FTP site. The Committee will notify finalists by 30 November 2017, with details regarding submission criteria.
- All videos will be due by midnight 8th January and award finalist will be notified 1 February 2018.
The winner will receive:
- Outstanding Young Professional Award certificate and trophy
- Complimentary registration to the conference
- One year membership to SPE
- An invitation to join the Award & YP Committees for the 2020 SPE International Conference and Exhibition on Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Social Responsibility
- Recognition on the IOGP website and newsletter
- Recognition on the SPE conference website
A special awards committee will choose five finalists and the final winner will be announced and presented with the award at the SPE International Conference and Exhibition on Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Social Responsibility.
Ignite the Spark - Nominate Today!
Recognise and reward outstanding talent and help launch a leadership career.
15 November 2017
7 December 2017
Finalist Submissions Due
15 January 2018
8 February 2018
16–18 April 2018
SPE International Conference and Exhibition on Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Social Responsibility
Abu Dhabi, UAE.