About the Forum
The Forum is a limited-attendance meeting for up to 75 people, designed for professionals in the oil and gas industry interested in the future direction of geomechanics integration to optimize resources development. In particular, we will discuss potential future challenges associated with integrating geomechanics knowledge from drilling and completion operations to be then incorporated into reservoir management to reliably forecast reservoir performance and maximize asset value. This means that the evolution of the stress field from drilling and completion then production is incorporated during reservoir management. The forum is aimed at people with expertise in any of the following categories, as they pertain to geomechanics:
- Drilling and completion operations
- Reservoir evaluation and characterization
- Diagnostic analysis and interpretation
- Production forecasting
- Reservoir management and field development
- Risk management
What is a Forum?
SPE Forums are unique, by-invitation-only SPE events that bring together top technologists, innovators, and managers to address a specific industry challenge. Participants are encouraged to come prepared to contribute their experience and knowledge, rather than be spectators or students.
The objective is to create a collaborative, idea-generating arena that stimulates new ideas and innovation about future challenges facing the E&P industry.
- Brief, facilitated presentations promote maximum discussion.
- Conducted off the record to support the free interchange of information and ideas.
- Extensive note taking is not allowed.
- Recording of any portion of the forum (photographic, electronic, etc.) is prohibited.
- Information disclosed at a forum may not be used publicly without the originator's permission.
- Participants are requested to omit reference to forum proceedings in any subsequent published work or oral presentation.
- A written summary may be prepared and distributed to attendees after the forum with unanimous attendee agreement and SPE approval.
- Participants are expected to attend every session.
Participants at SPE Forums are selected by the Forum Steering Committee based on the ability to contribute to the discussion of the topic. Attendance is limited to maximize each person's opportunity to contribute.
Applications will be accepted beginning Monday, 12 March 2018.
Accepted applicants will receive their registration form and other materials within two weeks of the application deadline. For those requiring visas to attend the forum, please ensure that you leave sufficient time for your visa to be processed.