SPE Call for Speaker Guidelines
- Obtain necessary clearance and travel approval from your management.
- SPE policy prohibits the paying of any SPE honorarium, or any travel or lodging expenses connected with speaker participation. All speakers are required to register and pay the workshop registration fees, speakers are entitled for the early bird rate which is highly discounted compared to the regular registration fees.
- The abstract should be formatted into four specific paragraphs. The combined word count must be between 250 and 300 words in length.
- Please summarise experience that qualifies you to present this abstract at the workshop in the Novel/Additional Information section.
- Abstract must be received by 28 February 2018. Your abstract will be reviewed and approved by the Workshop Committee. An email confirmation will be sent on acceptance/selection of abstract.
Changes, Cancellations, and Withdrawals
SPE and the Workshop Committee consider an accepted abstract as a commitment to present. If extenuating circumstances prevent the presenter from making the presentation, it is that presenter’s obligation to notify the SPE and session chair(s), if applicable. Withdrawals must be made in writing to the SPE office as soon as possible. A Word about Commercialism SPE has a stated policy against use of commercial trade names, company logos, or text that is commercial in tone in the paper title, text, or slides. Use of such terms will result in careful scrutiny by the workshop Committee in evaluating abstracts, and the presence of commercialism in the paper may result in it being withdrawn from the programme.