- One (1) day of informal discussions prompted by selected keynote presentations and discussions.
- Workshops maximise the exchange of ideas among attendees and presenters through brief technical presentations, followed by extended Q&A periods. Focused topics attract an informed audeience, eager to discuss issues critical to advancing both technology and best practices.
- The majority of the presentations are in the form of case studies, highlighting engineering achievements, and lessons learnt.
- In order to stimulate frank discussion, no proceedings are published and the press is not invited to attend.
- Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The Steering Committee encourages attendance from those who can contribute to the workshop most effectively, in discussion or with posters.
- A mix of attendees in terms of geographic origin, companies, and disciplines is encouraged.
- All attendees will receive an attendance certificate attesting to their participation at the Workshop. This certificate will be provided in exchange for a completed Workshop Questionnaire.
- Proceedings from the workshop will not be published. Therefore, formal papers and handouts are not requested of speakers or panel members.
- Work-in-progress, new ideas, and interesting projects are sought.
- Note-taking by participants is encouraged. However, to ensure free and open discussions, no formal records will be kept.
- Professionally-prepared visual aids are not required. Handwritten view graphs are entirely acceptable.
- The Steering Committee will appoint a scribe to record discussions and produce the full workshop report for SPE. This report will be circulated to all attendees within 4-6 weeks of the workshop. The copyright of the report is with SPE.
- PowerPoint presentation materials will be posted on a specific SPE URL address. Provision of the materials by speakers will signify their permission for SPE to do so.
- In keeping with the workshop objectives and the SPE mission, commercialism in posters or presentations will not be permitted. Company logos must be limited to the title slide and used only to indicate the affiliation of the presenter and others involved in the work.
Continuing Education Units
- This Workshop qualifies for SPE Continuing Education Units (CEU) at the rate of 0.1 CEU per hour of the Workshop.