Tuesday, September 18
Liability Challenges in Alberta
Rob Wadsworth, VP of Closure and Liability
Alberta Energy Regulator (AER)
- Risk-Ranking Approach for Thermal Well Integrity Using Readily Available Application, Well and Operational Parameters
- Todd Zahacy, C-FER Technologies
- SCVF & GM Risk Ranking and Prioritization Tool
- Anthony Knafla, Equilibrium Environmental Inc.
- Permanent Abandonment of Wells
- Michael Skjold, Interwell
- Steam Condensing Manifold (SCM) System for Collecting Representative Natural Gas and Condensed Steam Samples from Leaking Surface Casing Vent (SCV) of Thermal Wells
- Bryan Szatkowski, GCHEM Ltd.
- The Radial Cased Hole Analysis Tool
- Rose McPherson, GeoLog Solutions Inc.
Wednesday, September 19
NRCAN/WIA Technology Road Map
Andrew Wigston, Natural Resources Canada;Jay Williams, Weatherford;
Area-Based Closure (ABC) is a new industry wide initiative designed to lower closure costs through improved regulatory effectiveness and increased operational efficiency.
This session explores a recent case study from CNRL highlighting some of the operational efficiencies that can be gained through area-focused closure programs, the importance and impact of quality data on ABC decision making, and how non-conventional decommissioning of low-risk wells can save money without sacrificing environmental outcomes.
- Examples of Area-Based Closure Successes, and the Opportunities for Efficiencies with High-Density Site Closure
- Ryan Munro, Canadian Natural Resources Limited. (CNRL)
- Data Management and its Impact on Area-Based Abandonment
- Martin Fleming, Dynamic Risk
- Non-Conventional Decommissioning Practices for Low-Risk Oil and Gas Wells
- Mohamed Refaei, Ministry of Natural Resources and Foresty (MNRF)
- Summary on Workshop Outcomes
- Marc Godin, Portfire Associates (PTAC)
- Gas Migration Study
- Brian Lemoine, ESSO (IMPERIAL)
- Aaron Cahill, University of British Columbia
- Alternate Approach to P&A
- Ekene Ogbechie, Helix Energy Solutions Group
- North Sea Abandonment Case Study
- Bryce Levett, DNV GL USA, Inc.