In the recent volatile oil price environment, HPHT wells were considered luxury investments for worldwide industry players that were once champions in delivering efficient HPHT well operations. The situation has now evolved beyond the question of how cheap this type of well can be delivered but towards how many less risky and less complicated wells can be delivered in place of one HPHT well. Since the onset of lower oil prices, major players have identified USD80/bbl as the threshold global oil price that will trigger further HPHT investment. Less effort was made, however, to find the turning point in making HPHT well opportunities as lucrative as those of less challenging wells. This workshop aims to highlight and advance the themes of collaborative optimisation and cost-effectiveness to progress the viability and deliver best-in-class HPHT wells.
This workshop will provide a platform for E&P industry practitioners of various disciplines, service providers, regulators as well as academicians and researchers to interact, discuss and share concerns and experiences with respect to delivering HPHT wells in a volatile oil price environment and to uphold good practices in operations and HSE, while increased efforts are also focused on optimising the cost of HPHT wells.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Experts and decision makers involved in:
- Drilling, Completions and Well Testing
- Drilling Fluid and Cementing
- HSE and Risk Management
- Managed Pressure Drilling
- Measurement While Drilling (MWD) / Logging While Drilling (LWD) / E-Log
- Production and Asset Management
- Regulatory bodies
- Subsea Systems
- Subsurface Interpretation and Modelling
- Tubular Design and Material Selection
- Well Control
- Well Design Verification
- Wellhead Design
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
Expose participants to various case studies and fit-for-purpose solutions in:
- Subsurface uncertainties, advance geomechanics, pore pressure prediction, reservoir characterisation and management.
- New well design techniques and material selection.
- Latest breakthroughs in measurement while drilling, logging while drilling, and other drilling tools for HPHT wells.
- Simulation and technology for well integrity assurance and annular pressure build up mitigation.
- HSE and risk management.