The contest will be held within the framework of 2014 Latin American & Caribbean Petroleum Engineering Conference in Maracaibo, Venezuela on Tuesday, 20 May.
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 papers in each division and they will be delivered during the conference. Cash prizes will be awarded to finalists in their respective divisions. First Prize includes a trip to the 2014 SPE Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition where the award-winning student will present the paper at the SPE International Student Paper Contest. Judges may determine honorable mention awards for papers not achieving finalist status, but worthy of recognition.
Professionals under 36 years of age are encouraged to attend this session designed to expose young engineers to the latest thinking in E&P technology and management skills to prepare them to take their place as future industry leaders.
This meeting will join youth leaders to promote the exchange of ideas and encourage integration among SPE student chapters in Latin America. This year’s meeting will continue to help increase the technical, professional, and personal development of future industry leaders.
1. Increase innovative thinking at the student chapter level.
2. Integrate the student chapters throughout the Latin American and Caribbean region.
3. Demonstrate real-life work experiences in the petroleum industry; dispel myths and confirm realities.
4. Inspire the student chapters to embrace continuity past any obstacles they might encounter.
5. Establish and enhance professional and personal relationships amongst students from a variety of backgrounds.
6. Train future industry leaders with a holistic view, including communication and management skills, and how to address weaknesses.