The Journal of Petroleum Technology, the Society’s flagship magazine, presents authoritative briefs and features on E&P technology advancements, oil and gas industry issues, and news about SPE and its members.
The electronic version posted on SPE.org also gives members free access to full-length technical papers highlighted in each issue. A JPT subscription (print or electronic) is included with SPE membership dues. Non-member subscriptions are available. Published monthly.
SPE encourages open and objective discussion of technical and professional subjects pertinent to the interests of the Society. Society publications shall contain no judgmental remarks or opinions as to the technical competence, personal character, or motivations of any individual, company, or group. Any material which, in the publisher’s opinion, does not meet the standards for objectivity, pertinence, and professional tone will be returned to the contributor with a request for revision before publication. SPE accepts advertising (print and electronic) for goods and services that, in the publisher’s judgment, address the technical or professional interests of its readers. SPE reserves the right to refuse to publish any advertising it considers to be unacceptable.
- Glenda Smith, Publisher
- John Donnelly, Editor
- Alex Asfar, Senior Manager Publishing Services
- Joel Parshall, Features Editor
- Robin Beckwith, Senior Features Editor
- Stephen Rassenfoss, Emerging Technology Senior Editor
- Abdelghani Henni, Middle East Staff Writer
- Adam Wilson, Special Publications Editor
- Chris Carpenter, Technology Editor
- Trent Jacobs, Technology Writer
- Jack Betz, Staff Writer
- Craig Moritz, Assistant Director Americas Sales & Exhibits
- Mary Jane Touchstone, Print Publishing Manager
- Stacey Maloney, Print Publishing Specialist
- Laurie Sailsbury, Composition Specialist Supervisor
- Allan Jones, Graphic Designer
- Ngeng Choo Segalla, Copy Editor
- Dennis Scharnberg, Proofreader
- Anjana Narayanan, Proofreader