SPE Board of Directors Nominations Open
SPE is now accepting nominations for the 2015 Board of Directors. The deadline for 2016 presidential nominations is 1 December 2013. The deadline for At-Large, Regional and Technical Director nominations is 15 December 2013. Please visit http://www.spe.org/about/nominate.php to complete the online nomination form.
Positions open are:
- 2016 President
- Director At-Large
- Regional Director, Southern Asia Pacific
- Regional Director, Russia and Caspian
- Regional Director, South Central and East Europe
- Regional Director, South America and Caribbean
- Regional Director, Southwest North America
- Technical Director, Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Social Responsibility
- Technical Director, Management Information
SPE Launches Informational Hydraulic Fracturing Website
To help create public awareness and promote education around a key challenge in the industry, SPE launched a new website devoted to factual, transparent information about hydraulic fracturing.
The site, part of SPE’s educational resource energy4me.org, is aimed at the general public and media, and is an important tool for members to use to address key misconceptions about fracturing. Using SPE technical material as a background, the website’s tone and imagery is easy to understand without relying on technical terminology. The website was developed with the help of the Energy Education Task Force, which includes Ford Brett, Bob Chase, George King, Norm Warpinski, and Emmanuel Garland.
The plan is for the website to continue to grow with facts, imagery, and current news that tell a complete and accurate story. Please take a few minutes to visit the site at www.energy4me.org/hydraulicfracturing.