SPE Latin America and Caribbean
This is SPE. Our members say it best.
SPE-The Best Resource for Every Stage of Your E&P Career.
Section's Chair Interview
Meet Diego Manfio, Patagonia Section Chair
“Networking and sharing experiences with other SPE members really made me grow a lot as a professional. It helped me become better ranked and recognized in the industry!” said Diego Manfio.
Read complete interview>>
Discover Innovative Strategies to Maximize the Value of ResourcesSPE Distinguished Lecturer, Basak Kurtoglu Stookey, Global Energy Group of Citigroup Investment Bank to speak at the SPE Latin America and Caribbean Heavy and Extra Heavy Oil Conference.
Meet Our South America and Caribbean Section Officers
We have volunteer opportunities available!
For less than one hour of your time each month, you can help shape the future of SPE benefits.
Take the opportunity to enhance your knowledge and grow professionally by hearing these experts in their fields.
ATCE 2016 will take place 26–28 September at the Dubai World Trade Centre. With more than 10,000 E&P professionals from 70+ countries, and over 530 papers, ATCE will address the importance of innovation and collaboration, and our role in shaping the future. Get your justification toolkit today.
SPE announced the 2016 South America and Caribbean Regional Awards Winners. The awards recognize members for their technical contributions, professional excellence, career achievement, service to colleagues, industry leadership, and public service, at a regional level.
Congratulations to the 2016 South America and Caribbean Regional Awards Winners!
Congratulations to the 2016 Award Recipients Student Chapters in the region:
Outstanding Student Chapters: Universidade De Sao Paulo, Universidad Tecnologica Equinoccial, Universidade Federal Do Espirito Santo, Universidad Privada De Santa Cruz, Bolivia, Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense- Darcy Ribeiro, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, and Universidade Federal de Pelotas.
Gold Standard Designation: Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires, Universidad Central de Venezuela and Universidade Estadual de Campinas.
“We are certain Petro-Sul is a great contributor to the growth of our chapter, assisting in the dissemination of the petroleum engineering knowledge by enhancing the training of our undergraduates," said Natan Battisti, 2015 UFPel student chapter president.
Connect with your student chapter!
Spotlight on Young Professionals
Submit your story today for a chance to be featured in the next issue of The Way Ahead™. Learn more.
SPE Speaker Source
Join Speaker Source, an online directory of E&P professionals who share expertise and experience with Sections and Chapters.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Mexico City
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Nacional Exp. de Llanos Occidentales
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Salvador
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
Website Disclaimer Notice
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to South America, Caribbean, and Mexico SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 168,000 members in 144 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.