SPE Latin America and Caribbean
This is SPE. Our members say it best
SPE—The Best Resource for Every Stage of Your E&P Career.
Unfolding SPE's Member Benefits
Interview with Western Venezuela Section Chair Antonio Caldera
As an active member and SPE volunteer, Antonio Caldera discusses the major benefits of membership and the most rewarding part of serving as a volunteer.
Read the complete interview (pdf).
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.Update Profile
Not an SPE member? Join Now.
Download the Latin America and Caribbean Events Postcard
LACPEC 2015 Technical Program Making History
The program committee received 820 paper proposals from over 200 companies and academia, representing 36 countries - the highest number in LACPEC’s history.
This response ensures a high-quality technical program, covering the latest innovation and applications in the Latin America and the Caribbean region.
Selected paper proposals will be notified by mid-May.
Congratulations to our Sections and Chapters on Furthering SPE’s Mission!
These sections and chapters in the region have done outstanding work on behalf of SPE:
SPE Western Venezuela Section for enrolling over 2,200 new members during March and April 2015.
SPE Universidade of Vila Velha Chapter, in Brazil for increasing the number of students, from six to 134, from March 2014 to March 2015.
SPE Universidade Federal Do Espirito Santo Chapter for organizing a workshop, 14-17 April, to present the latest technological trends in E&P to academia and oil and gas industry representatives.
Meet Our South America and Caribbean Section Officers
Dig Deeper Without Leaving Your Desk
Too busy to be away from the office? Take yourself to greater depths right from your desktop with SPE Web Events. Join our industry experts as they explore solutions to real problems and discuss trending topics. View upcoming web events or watch a web event available now.
SPE to Institute Plagiarism Check on Conference Papers
To further improve SPE’s technical quality standards, SPE is implementing a plagiarism check on all conference papers.
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Mexico City
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Nacional Exp. de Llanos Occidentales
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
Website Disclaimer Notice
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to South America, Caribbean, and Mexico SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 124,000 members in 135 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.