South America and Caribbean
Join. Renew. Belong.
We're energy. We're international. We're networking. We're thought leaders. #WeAreSPE.
Watch the video to find out what our members are saying about the benefits of being an SPE member.
An Interview with Ecuador's Minister of Hydrocarbons, Carlos Pérez Garcia
Learn how the minister would like to see the Ecuador upstream oil and gas sector in 10 years. Read the complete interview by JPT.
2018 SPE President
Saudi Arabia, the Permian Basin, and global deepwater areas have vastly different futures predicted. Is it time for a deepwater renaissance? Read the article.
Know What You're Worth in the Upstream Oil and Gas Job Market
The results are in! Download the free 2017 SPE Member Salary Survey Highlight Report and browse summary charts.
Give Your Career a Gift this Holiday Season - Renew for USD 50!
There is still time that you and your colleagues from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Perú, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago can take advantage of the reduced professional membership dues of USD 50. It is a great gift for your career this holiday season. Renew your membership by 31 December 2017 and continue receiving discounted registration on SPE events, subscription to the Journal of Petroleum Technology ®(JPT), access to OnePetro,® and much more. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information about renewing:
- Use your email address to login. For password assistance, click "Forgot Password."
- Membership renewals are now paperless. You can print an invoice from your profile if needed.
Help Shape the Future of SPE
Nominations for the Board of Directors are now being accepted. Fill out the online nomination form and review the information on supporting documents.
SPE Donates $10,000 to Victims of Mexico Earthquake
SPE received a letter from the American Red Cross confirming that the organization has received our $10,000 donation for victims of Mexico earthquakes on 7 and 19 September 2017.
Over the past few months, SPE Mexico sections and student chapters have been busy collecting food, water, diapers, cleaning products, and much more as the country continues to rebuild.
Thank you to all our sections and chapters around the globe that continue to make a difference in their communities and regions.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to Mexico, South America, and Caribbean SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
Looking For a Place to Discuss Non-Technical Topics?
SPE launched its newest online community, Open Forum, sponsored by SPE’s Soft Skills Committee! In this community, you can discuss non-technical topics like leadership and business skills. Look for an email in your inbox today with more information!
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 164,000 members in 143 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.