South America and Caribbean
OTC Brasil Updates
VIDEO: OTC Brasil Presents Lucrative Offshore Opportunities in the Region
“This year OTC Brasil will be marked by the optimism of companies who can benefit from the positive changes in Brazil’s regulatory environment.” − João Carlos de Luca, General Chairman
OTC Brasil Names 2017 Distinguished Achievement Award Recipients
OTC Brasil will recognize Paulo Cuoto for individual achievement and Shell BC-10 Life of Field Seismic Monitoring System for corporate achievement.
Awards will be presented by Pedro Parente, Petrobras CEO. These achievements are truly significant contributions to the offshore sector. Read the press release.
Mark your calendars for the Distinguished Achievement Awards Luncheon, 25 October, Rio de Janeiro. This event provided an excellent opportunity for E&P leaders to network with colleagues from around the world.
ATCE is Your Destination for All Things E&P
The Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE) is SPE’s meeting of members and features groundbreaking papers and special events designed to accelerate the application of innovations in every technical discipline. This year, the program received 2,521 paper proposals—the highest number ever. This response ensures a high-quality technical program, one you won't want to miss. Registration is open; reserve your spot today and join us in San Antonio, Texas, USA from 9–11 October.
Learn more about travel and accommodations and view the justification toolkit.
Watch SPE President, Janeen Judah, in a video about the top reasons to attend!
Meet the New SPE Distinguished Lecturers for this Season
Each year, SPE selects a group of professionals nominated by their peers to share their knowledge and expertise through visits to local sections. Meet the lineup of more than 30 distinguished professionals, including three from our region, and view the current schedule.
Fernando L. Benalcázar, APD Proyectos Cía. Ltda. is also a committee member of the next SPE Workshop: HSE and Sustainability - The Cornerstone for Efficient E&P Operations, 14-15 September, Santa Cruz, Bolivia. Join Fernando during his Keynote Address as he shares several case studies relating to sustainability and the realities of the social license to operate.
Save USD 100 when registering before 24 August.
SPE Welcomes 141 Members into the Legion of Honor
The Legion of Honor recognizes members with 50 years of consecutive membership in the Society. Each honoree becomes dues-exempt and receives a commemorative plaque marking this milestone.
Join us in congratulating the members from our region, and see the full list of honorees:
- Anthony Binning, Argentine Petroleum Section
- Saul Ziperovich, Argentine Petroleum Section
- Horacio Avendano, Caracas Petroleum Section
SPE Announces 2017 International Award Recipients
SPE presents international awards to recognize those who have made significant technical contributions to the industry, and those who have contributed exceptional service and leadership to the society. These awards are presented at the Annual Awards Banquet at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE), 9-11 October 2017 in San Antonio, Texas.
Congratulations to the 2017 SPE Regional Award recipients.
President's Award for Section Excellence
This award is the highest honor for a section, recognizing those that are exemplary. The awards are presented during the President's Luncheon at ATCE.
Congratulations to award-winning sections from the South America and the Caribbean region!
- Argentine Petroleum
Gold Standard Winners Unveiled
This designation is for sections that have accomplished an admirable level of activity.
Join us in congratulating the sections in the region achieving this recognition:
- Northeast Colombia
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to Mexico, South America, and Caribbean SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
- OTC Brasil Names 2017 Distinguished Achievement Award Recipients
- OTC Brasil 2017 Advisory Committee Convenes in Rio de Janeiro
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 164,000 members in 143 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.