South America and Caribbean
OTC Brasil—Only Two Weeks Away
Fernando Filho, Brazil’s Minister of Mines and Energy; Pedro Parente, Petrobras CEO; Solange da Silva Guedes, Petrobras E&P Executive Director; Lord John Browne, Consultant; and other top energy executives will gather at OTC Brasil, 24-26 October, in Rio de Janeiro to discuss the most productive and lucrative offshore opportunities in the country.
Fernando Filho, Brazil’s Minister of Mines and Energy, will speak at OTC Brasil this month.
Watch Jorge Camargo, IBP President and João Carlos de Luca, OTC Brasil General Chairman, to discover why the conference is the platform to power the offshore energy industry forward.
OTC Brasil Names 2017 Distinguished Achievement Award Recipients
Mark your calendars for the Distinguished Achievement Awards Luncheon at OTC Brasil on 25 October in Rio de Janeiro.
OTC Brasil will recognize Paulo Cuoto for individual achievement and Shell BC-10 Life of Field Seismic Monitoring System for corporate achievement.
Awards will be presented by Pedro Parente, Petrobras CEO. These achievements recognize truly significant contributions to the offshore sector. Read the press release (pdf).
Native Language Webinar Series
SPE has launched a two-year webinar series in five languages to better serve our members.
Presentations will be given in Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, Portuguese and Arabic, and will cover non-technical topics.
Make sure you renew your membership to get free access to the live and on-demand webinars.
SPE's webinar program is funded by the SPE Foundation. View a complete list of upcoming webinars.
Looking For a Place to Discuss Non-technical Topics?
In this community, you can discuss non-technical topics like leadership and business skills.
Look for an email in your inbox with more information!
Raise your company's profile—Submit your proposal for the Trinidad and Tobago Energy Conference
Share your latest projects at the SPE Trinidad and Tobago Section Energy Resources Conference, 25–26 June 2018 at the Hyatt Regency on the modern waterfront of downtown Port of Spain.
The conference gathers key E&P players from IOCs and NOCs to advance scientific knowledge on maximizing productivity and recovery of oil and gas through the integration of technology, assets, and organizations.
Featured on Facebook
SPE student chapters throughout Mexico are volunteering their time, effort, and energy to help victims of the earthquakes of 7 and 19 September. View the post on Facebook.
Good News–Renew for USD 50!
For a limited time, members of the following countries can take advantage of a reduced professional membership fee of USD 50*:
- Trinidad and Tobago
Renew today to continue to receive discounted SPE event registration, a subscription to the Journal of Petroleum Technology® (JPT), access to OnePetro® and more. For questions, contact email@example.com.
*Applies to 2018 dues only. Offer expires 31 December 2017.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to Mexico, South America, and Caribbean SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
- Petrobras Executives Discuss Brazil's Licensing Pre-Salt Rounds at OTC Brasil
- OTC Brasil Names 2017 Distinguished Achievement Award Recipients
- OTC Brasil 2017 Advisory Committee Convenes in Rio de Janeiro
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 164,000 members in 143 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.