SPE Mexico, South America, and Caribbean
PetroBowl® Championship Winners
KUDOS to the students from Universidade Federal Do Rio De Janeiro winning the PetroBowl® championship! For the first time, a team from South America takes the trophy home.
The exciting competition took place on Monday 26 September 2016 at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE). From the 125 teams who participated across the six Regional Qualifiers.
SPE Congratulates Universidade Federal Do Rio De Janeiro on their big win!
This is SPE. Our members say it best.
SPE-The Best Resource for Every Stage of Your E&P Career.
Meet the 2017 Co-chair of the SPE Latin American and Caribbean Heavy and Extra Heavy Oil Conference
During Victor Huerta’s interview (pdf), he highlighted the importance to learn the latest insights on cold and thermal recovery, and production. “We need new or revised development strategies to maximize the recovery of heavy and extra-heavy oil in production fields, and new ideas to monetize the volume of these hydrocarbons in new fields which have low or no infrastructure.”
Keep Your Member Benefits Flowing
SPE offers a variety of technical programs and activities with practical industrial applications, which are great benefits to our members.
Members from the following countries can take advantage of the reduced professional membership fee* of USD 50: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Perú, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
What’s new at SPE?
Find out about SPE’s latest book Acid Stimulation, the new SPE compendium Enhancing Process Safety in the Oil and Gas Industry, the ultimate report Guidance for Decision Quality for Multi-Company Upstream Projects, SPE Cares, and more!
Students Spotlight: Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon Chapter
On their way to ATCE, four students from the Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon Chapter drove from Monterrey to Dallas to visit the SPE office. During their visit, they toured the building, met with SPE staff, and enjoyed an interactive presentation followed by a Q&A session. They also shared that the key reason for attending ATCE is networking.
SPE was grateful to learn about their activities and efforts to implement the Society’s mission into their chapter and wished them a great time at ATCE!
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
Meet Our South America and Caribbean Section Officers
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Mexico City
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Nacional Exp. de Llanos Occidentales
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Salvador
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
Website Disclaimer Notice
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to Mexico, South America, and Caribbean SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 168,000 members in 144 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.