South America and Caribbean
LACPEC Drives Upstream Operational Excellence
“On behalf of SPE it is a pleasure to invite you to LACPEC 2017. This year, the energy sector faces new challenges and opportunities that we must leverage to power the industry forward. LACPEC enables leaders to present the newest technologies and develop strategic partnerships to drive operational excellence and risk management in the upstream petroleum sector across our region,” said General Chairperson, Santiago Martinez Tanoira, YPF.
Interview: Milena Maciel, SPE Workshop Chair - Offshore Fields Life Extension
Milena Maciel, Petrobras, shared in a recent interview the importance of this event for the industry. “When a field reaches its highest level of maturity, we need to analyze different solutions to ensure production viability. The application of new technology will be key to enable field-life extension.” Read the complete interview. Available in Portuguese only.
Join keynote speaker Secretary of Petroleum, Gas and Renewable Fuels, Márcio Félix, Ministry of Mines and Energy on 21-22 March 2017 in Rio de Janeiro to evaluate how to safely extend field life, while considering facilities integrity methodologies, decommissioning options, and the installation of new production systems.
Students Ready to Compete in the Regional Student Paper Contest
The competition is on for this prestigious student contest held in conjunction with LACPEC on 16 May 2017 at the Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires (ITBA).
The first place winners of each division will be awarded a sponsored trip to the International Student Paper Contest, held during 2017 ATCE in San Antonio, Texas. Learn more.
Call for Speakers is Open for HSE and Sustainability SPE Workshop
Bolivian Section Chair, Fatima Gomez invites you to submit a presentation proposal by 28 April. This focused workshop held 14-15 September in Santa Cruz, Bolivia is designed to unveil opportunities on the application of new technologies to overcome challenges, considering the key role that indigenous groups play in field operations.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
Section Spotlight: Kudos to the Bolivian Section! #SPECares
The Bolivian Section, with the support of VIVE, held the Petroton last month. About 450 people joined the 5K walk/run to support the nonprofit's mission to aid in the rehabilitation of homeless people into society. A powerful initiative at the service of the community!
OTC Distinguished Awards Travel Back to Brazil
OTC Brasil Distinguished Achievement Awards, modeled after the prestigious Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) Awards, is still taking nominations for technological, humanitarian, environmental, and leadership contributions to the industry.
If truly significant, the OTC Brasil Awards Committee will bestow an individual and an organization with this award. The deadline for nominations is 1st April.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
Website Disclaimer Notice
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to Mexico, South America, and Caribbean SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 168,000 members in 144 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.