SPE Latin America and Caribbean
This is SPE. Our members say it best
SPE—The Best Resource for Every Stage of Your E&P Career.
Interview with Mario Zamora, 2015-2016 SPE Colombian Section Chairman
“The most rewarding thing to me is seeing the evolution of the industry in my country. The technological advances in upstream and downstream operations have optimized the costs in all industry operations. Colombia produced 690,000 barrels of oil per day. Now, Colombia is producing about a million barrels of petroleum per day."
Read the complete interview >>
Meet Rodrigo Rueda Terrazas, South American and Caribbean Regional Focal Point
Rodrigo Rueda Terrazas was recently appointed as our regional focal point. He will assist the regional director with the implementation of SPE young professional and student initiatives, support young professional programs, and act as a knowledge portal for the SPE Young Professionals Coordinating Committee (YPCC).
Learn more >>
Mark your calendar for the exciting activities held alongside the conference:
- Join the Young Professionals Workshop: Emerging Leaders–Empowering Your Team in A Dynamic Industry.
- Support the selected students competing in the regional student paper contest
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.Update Profile
Not an SPE member? Join Now.
SPE's regional awards are designed to recognize those members who have provided exceptional service and leadership to the Society, as well as those who have made major professional contributions to their technical disciplines at the regional level. We congratulate South America and Caribbean regional award winners!
Regional Completions Optimization and Technology Award
Eduardo Schnitzler, Petrobras
Regional Drilling Engineering Award
Luiz Rocha, Petrobras
Regional Formation Evaluation Award
Ramón Correa, AGIP Oil Ecuador BV
Regional HSE Award
Deonarine Jaggernauth, The Integrity Commission of Trinidad and Tobago
Regional Reservoir Description and Dynamics Award
Marcelo Salomâo, Petrobras
Regional Service Award
Gabriel Irazuzta; Capex SA
Gail Ramdath, Tucker Energy Services
Guilherme Castro, Petrobras
Wayne Bertrand, The University of the West Indies
Regional Young Member Outstanding Service Award
Celia Garcia-James, Petroleum Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited
Rodrigo Rueda Terrazas, Total E&B do Brasil
- Nico Van Wingen Memorial Graduate Fellowship: 1 November
- Regional Awards Suggest a Colleague: 1 November
- Faculty Enhancement Travel Grant Application: 15 November
Scholarships and Fellowships Applications: 15 November
Due to the current environment, the SPE Board of Directors is in the process of reviewing all global programs. The International PetroBowlSM program, including Regional Qualifiers, will be reviewed by the board this month. Until the review is completed, we will be ceasing all activity relating to the 2016 PetroBowlSM including the Regional Qualifier at LACPEC. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Have questions? Feel free to email us at PetroBowl@spe.org or visit the PetroBowlSM competition Facebook page for additional information.
Meet Our South America and Caribbean Section Officers
Download the Latin America and Caribbean Events Postcard
Dig Deeper Without Leaving Your Desk
Too busy to be away from the office? Take yourself to greater depths right from your desktop with SPE Web Events. Join our industry experts as they explore solutions to real problems and discuss trending topics. View upcoming web events or watch a web event available now.
SPE Speaker SourceAre you willing to share your knowledge with an audience of SPE members? If you are, we invite you to join Speaker Source, an online directory of E&P professionals who share expertise and experience with SPE Sections and Student Chapters. Learn how you can make a difference by sharing your knowledge with our members.
- SPE offers ways for young professionals to boost their careers and stay active in the industry. Explore the education and networking opportunities tailored to your interests. Get Involved!
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Mexico City
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Nacional Exp. de Llanos Occidentales
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
Website Disclaimer Notice
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to South America, Caribbean, and Mexico SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 124,000 members in 135 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.