South America and Caribbean
LACPEC Concluded with a Call for Synergy and Excellence on the Application of Technology
The conference returned to Buenos Aires last May gathering over 570 professionals and students in the energy sector. Our deep gratitude goes to the Argentine section, the committee and volunteers for their dedication, as well as the sponsors and exhibitors. Thanks to their support, attendees enjoyed an excellent technical program with timely industry discussions.
Six Universities Selected from Our Region for PetroBowl® Championship
The PetroBowl regional qualifiers for the South America and Caribbean region was held recently and six universities won the qualifiers from among the 19 teams participated. The winning teams will now proceed to the international competition held in conjunction with ATCE on 9–11 October 2017 in San Antonio, Texas, USA.
Special thanks to the organizing committee, onsite volunteers, supporting sections, and the Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires (ITBA) for contributing to the success of this competition.
Student Paper Contest Regional Victors to Compete in San Antonio, Texas
On 16 May, students from the South America and Caribbean Region competed in the Regional Student Paper Contest for the opportunity to advance to the International Contest. First places of the all SPE regions will now proceed to the international competition held in conjunction with ATCE on 9-11 October 2017 in San Antonio, Texas. Join us to congratulate our regional victors!
- Marjohny Lorene Long, Universidad Central de Venezuela (Venezuela)
- Reinel Echavez Marquez, Universidad de Oriente (Venezuela)
- Enoc Basilio, Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria (Peru)
- Ricardo Vasconcellos Soares, University of Campinas (Brazil)
- Marcelo Ferreira Zampieri, University of Campinas (Brazil)
Featured in TWA: Quito and Ecuador's Petroleum Industry
SPE Members César Briones and Danilo Vasconez, Schlumberger shared with The Way Ahead’s editors how Ecuador is searching for a change in its extractive oil model and how the research initiatives could help to reduce the amount of imported derivatives and to demonstrate the significance of oil for the future of the country. To read the complete story or for more oil and gas destinations, visit TWA's YP's guide to section.
2017 SPE President, Janeen Judah, Chevron, Visits Bolivia
Janeen Judah toured Santa Cruz de la Sierra in May. Her visit included a keynote presentation about the role women play in the E&P industry. She also joined the Bolivian Minister of Hydrocarbons, Luis Alberto Sánchez, in a press conference to present the benefits of participating in the SPE Workshop: HSE and Sustainability - The Cornerstone for Efficient E&P Operations in September.
Every SPE volunteer has a story. What's yours?
As a volunteer for SPE, you provide the energy that makes our Society work.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to Mexico, South America, and Caribbean SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 164,000 members in 143 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.