SPE Latin America and Caribbean
Did You Know?
Did you know that SPE members are not just petroleum engineers? They are geoscientists, mechanical and electrical engineers, petrophysicists, and other professionals working in the upstream oil and gas industry. Learn more.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.Update Profile
Not an SPE member? Join Now.
Connect with the Brightest Minds of the Oil and Gas Industry
SPE Connect is your online community to meet, collaborate, discuss specific technical challenges and resolutions, or share your experience and knowledge with other SPE members worldwide.
Dig Deeper Without Leaving Your Desk
Too busy to be away from the office? Take yourself to greater depths right from your desktop with SPE Web Events. Join our industry experts as they explore solutions to real problems and discuss trending topics. View upcoming web events or watch a web event available now.
SPE Distinguished Lecturer Program
Featuring speakers from various disciplines and professions, the SPE Distinguished Lecturer Program emphasizes industry trends, challenges, and technology applications among diverse topics. Each year, 30 or more individuals share their technical expertise through lectures for SPE sections across the globe.
The purpose of the Distinguished Lecturer Program is to assist sections in obtaining technical lectures while also recognizing the professional contributions of the lecturers. SPE members benefit from more than 450 presentations offered each year.
Learn more at www.spe.org/dl.
New Member Benefit: The SPE Competency Management Tool
This tool is a member benefit that allows members to assess their current professional capabilities against one of twenty-two key E&P job competency models covering geosciences, reservoir engineering, well engineering, production engineering and operations, project and facilities engineering and health, safety and environment.
Watch the video to learn more.
This is SPE. Our members say it best
SPE—The Best Resource for Every Stage of Your E&P Career.
Plan Ahead for ATCE 2015
SPE Regional Petrobowl qualifier for ATCE 2015 will be at SPE Artificial Lift Conference - Latin America and Caribbean: 27–28 May, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.
Get your teams ready to compete in this regional event. For more information send email email@example.com.
Regional Student Paper Contest Qualifier for ATCE 2015 will be held on 22-23 June 2015 in conjunction with the Brasil Offshore Conference and Exhibition. Learn how to submit your paper proposal.
Stay Informed: The Society of Petroleum Engineers’ Technical Resources
SPE publications cover all aspects of the oil and gas industry and are considered the leading source of industry technical applications, issues and discoveries. These magazines offer a variety of content for all SPE members whether you are a young professional or a veteran industry expert. Get these magazines delivered to your door now!
Building a Better Professional, Industry and Community
“Presiding over the Society of Petroleum Engineers this year has provided me the opportunity to witness the Society’s impact on our members, their communities and the industry as a whole, whether in a large city or a remote village. Imagine the possibilities when each member can tap the collective brain power of this 124,000-member-strong organization. That ability creates a better professional, a better profession, and a better industry, locally and globally.” said Jeff Spath, 2014 SPE President.
Meet Our South America and Caribbean Section Officers
To learn more about South America and Caribbean sections officers, visit www.spe.org/sections.
SPE's Regional Award Winners
Please join us in congratulating our Regional Award winners for 2014:
- Drilling Engineering Award: André A. Fernandes, Brazil
- Reservoir Description and Dynamics Award: Celso C. Branco, Brazil
- Service Award: Andrew N. Jupiter, Trinidad and Tobago
- Service Award: Miguel A. Lafitte, Argentina
- Young Member Outstanding Service Award: Leonel R. Pérez Solano, Colombia
- Distinguished Lifetime Achievement Award: Maria das Graças Silva Foster, Brazil
- Distinguished Service Award: Kamel Bennaceur, Brazil
- Star Scholarship: Diego García, Argentina
- Star Scholarship: Henger Ydrogo, Venezuela
- Star Fellowship: Keiron Durant, Trinidad and Tobago
- Star Fellowship: Eric Yasuda, Brazil
- President’s Award for Section Excellence: Macaé Section; and Trinidad and Tobago Section
- Distinguished Corporate Support Award: Petróleos de Venezuela S.A.
Find out more about SPE Regional Awards.
Young Professional Award Nominations
Nominations are open for the Young Member Outstanding Service Award. If you would like to nominate a YP member who has made a significant contribution within your local section, region, or globally, submit a nomination online. The deadline for nominations is 15 February 2015.
SPE Scholarships and Fellowships
Start spreading the news to students about SPE Scholarships and Fellowships.
Applications will be accepted through 15 April 2015.
For a complete list of available scholarships and to submit your application, visit www.spe.org/scholarships.
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Mexico City
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Nacional Exp. de Llanos Occidentales
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
Website Disclaimer Notice
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to South America, Caribbean, and Mexico SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 124,000 members in 135 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.