South America and Caribbean
View the Welcome Message from General Chairperson, Santiago Martinez Tanoira, YPF
Take Advantage of this Exceptional Learning and Networking Opportunity
Watch video messages from program committee members Karin Gonzales of Chevron, and Johannes Alvarez of Texas A&M University to discover why LACPEC is the ideal venue to learn the latest business intelligence strategies.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
New SPE President and Board Members Nominated
SPE is governed by a Board of Directors comprising 28 member representatives from around the world. Each SPE region and board-endorsed technical discipline is represented by a director.
César Patiño has been nominated as the next South America and Caribbean Regional Director. He is a technology specialist in enhanced oil recovery at Ecopetrol, and an expert adviser on oil and gas sector innovation. César currently serves as SPE Colombian section chair. Learn more about how SPE Board Members are selected.
Calling All HSE and Sustainability Leaders
Fátima Gómez, Bolivian Section Chair and co-chair of the SPE Workshop on HSE and Sustainability, invites you to submit a presentation proposal by 28 April. This highly focused workshop features the participation of keynote address Luis Alberto Sánchez Fernández, Minister of Hydrocarbons and Energy, Bolivia. Submit your presentation proposal today!
SPE Celebrates Global Day of the Engineer
Every year on 5 April, the international community joins together to celebrate “Global Day of the Engineer.” This day focuses on the accomplishments of engineers, encouraging careers in engineering, and sharing the amazing innovations engineers create every day. SPE sought out its members through social media to participate in the movement. See what our members had to say.
First SPE Latin America and Caribbean Mature Fields Symposium held in Brazil
This symposium was held 15-16 March in Salvador, Brazil with the participation of 125 industry professionals from around the globe. During the opening ceremony, the ANP General Director Advisor, Mr. Andre Barbosa talked about the current changes in the oil and gas. He also talked about the four upcoming bid rounds expected, especially the 14th round that will offer areas in mature fields. The event had 14 technical sessions and over 40 papers.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
Website Disclaimer Notice
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to Mexico, South America, and Caribbean SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 168,000 members in 144 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.