SPE Latin America and Caribbean
This is SPE. Our members say it best
SPE-The Best Resource for Every Stage of Your E&P Career.
Section's Chair Interview
Meet Nestor Saavedra, SPE
Northeast Colombia Section
"I cannot imagine my career without SPE. From my student times, I have used the information available for my scholar activities and my research projects. In addition, since I began my professional career, I continue to benefit with the SPE resources available for personal and professional growth.” Read complete interview>>
Meet Our South America and Caribbean Section Officers
Download the Latin America and Caribbean Events Card
We have volunteer opportunities available!
For less than one hour of your time each month, you can help shape the future of SPE benefits.
Join the SPE Opinion Panel and give feedback about the Society and its programs, as well as participate in industry and technical topic research.
Distinguished Lecturer Schedule
Take the opportunity to enhance your knowledge and grow professionally by hearing these experts in their fields.Learn about the chosen lectures for the 2016-2017 season.
Brazil and Colombia to represent the region at PetroBowl® in Dubai
Congratulations to the 2016 South America and Caribbean PetroBowl® team winners, and many thanks to our volunteers! See the winners.
These teams will participate in the International PetroBowl at ATCE in Dubai. Follow the action and share your support: #PetroBowl and #PetroBowl2016.
Topical Luncheon on “Pre-Salt Brazil” at OTC 2016
On the first day of OTC Houston, the topical luncheon “Pre-Salt Brazil: Strategic Thinking with a Pragmatic Approach to Boost the Investment” brought the expert presentation of Mr. Jorge Camargo, president of the Brazilian Petroleum, Gas and Biofuels Institute (IBP). He presented the perspectives and scenery for the brazilian oil & gas market.
Despite the current collapse of low oil prices worldwide and the turmoil that hit the Brazilian industry – an economic, financial and ethical crisis that affected the oil & gas sector deeply – Camargo showed the extraordinary opportunities for investments, especially in the pre-salt area. He also talked about how IBP is working with Brazilian authorities to create a better environment for a competitive market through changes in the current oil & gas regulatory framework. “This is the more serious crisis we ever had, but for sure Brazil will have a new shape after all this and we have yet a tremendous potential to develop”.
Section Highlights: Brazil
Antonio Carlos Capeleiro Pinto, Petrobras was announced as chairperson of the SPE Brazil section in a ceremony held 12 May. His speech emphasized the need to invest on the dissemination of technical knowledge, especially among YPs and students. Bruno Moczydlower, outgoing section chair reported the achievements during his term, including the 2015 Outstanding Young Professional Activity Section Award and the new section website.
SPE Offers New Toolkit for Members in Transition
Do you need help writing cover letters and a resume? Or, maybe you need to brush up on your skills? Whatever career assistance you may need, SPE is ready to support you through every industry cycle. SPE’s Members in Transition Toolkit provides information, resources, and programs to assist you during this current downturn. Learn more.
Spotlight on Young Professionals
Do you know a young professional who deserves to be put in the Spotlight? If so, suggest them (or yourself) to be featured in the “Spotlight on Young Professionals.” Submit your story today for a chance to be featured in the next issue of The Way Ahead™. Learn more.
SPE Speaker Source
Are you willing to share your knowledge with an audience of SPE members? If you are, we invite you to join Speaker Source, an online directory of E&P professionals who share expertise and experience with SPE Sections and Student Chapters. Learn how you can make a difference by sharing your knowledge with our members.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Mexico City
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Nacional Exp. de Llanos Occidentales
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Salvador
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
Website Disclaimer Notice
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to South America, Caribbean, and Mexico SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 168,000 members in 144 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.