South America and Caribbean
Good News – Renew for USD 50!
You still have time to take advantage of the reduced professional membership of USD 50!* Renew your membership by 31 December 2016.
* Applies to 2017 dues only. Discount applies automatically. Bolivia and Venezuela are currently categorized in Country Group 2.
Heavy and Extra-Heavy Oil Leaders met in Peru
Delegates from 13 countries took part of the SPE Latin American and Caribbean Heavy and Extra Oil Conference. Darcy Spady, 2018 SPE President, Broadview Energy Canada, Ruben Figuera, PDVSA, Rodrigo Dalle Fiore, Ecopetrol and Basak Kurtoglu, Citi Energy A&D, highlighted the event with their addresses. The conference covered a range of topics from field revitalization to recovery and economics.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
2017 SPE President Janeen Judah of Chevron Promises to Lead and Engage Members
As the first woman SPE president in more than a decade, Judah promised to be accessible and visible to the women working in this industry. Watch her Facebook Live Interview!
2018 SPE President Visit to Lima
Last October, during his first visit to Lima, Darcy Spady, 2018 SPE President, toured the Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería and shared with students and professional leaders how SPE can enhance their careers and encouraged them to be part of this global professional association. Special thanks to the SPE Lima Section for their leadership in making this a memorable visit.
Connect with your local section today!
Students Spotlight: Universidad Tecnológica Equinoccial Chapter
Kudos to the Universidad Tecnológica Equinoccial Chapter, Ecuador for receiving the 2016 Outstanding Student Chapter Award as a result of their commitment to exceling the SPE’s mission through an impressive variety of programs.
Giselle Troya, 2015-2016 UTE Student Chapter President, Ecuador.
The Way Ahead Now Features "Spotlight on Young Professionals"
The purpose of “Spotlight on Young Professionals” is to share voluntary contributions and technical achievements of young professionals with their peers. For further details, and to suggest yourself or another young professional to be featured in this section, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to check out the *new* online-only TWA.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Salvador
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
Website Disclaimer Notice
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to Mexico, South America, and Caribbean SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 168,000 members in 144 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.