South America and Caribbean
Watch2019 SPE President, Sami Al-Nuaim, shares why he became an engineer and how engineers impact the world.
The SPE International Board is an amazing group representing an even more amazing group—SPE membership. We really are passionate volunteers. Sometimes chairing this board can be daunting. Occasionally it is like herding cats.
Plan to Attend the SPE Workshop: Advances in EOR/IOR Technologies
14–16 November 2018 | Manta, Ecuador
This workshop is a popular option for professionals looking to further develop their technical knowledge on EOR/IOR technologies, mature fields, optimizing operations, and reducing costs.
Deciding between exploration and EOR projects as a method to find more oil can cause a dilemma. The workshop’s goal is to promote the development of tools to facilitate the decision-making process, and the feasibility of using proven technologies to increase recovery.
Attendees qualify for 2.0 SPE Continuing Education Units (CEU). Learn more.
Registration Now Open for 2018 SPE Energy Resources Conference in Trinidad and Tobago OTC
The SPE Energy Resources Conference in Trinidad and Tobago will be held 25 – 27 June 2018 at the Hyatt Regency on the modern waterfront of downtown Port of Spain.
The conference will focuse on maximizing productivity and recovery of oil and gas through the integration of technology, assets, and organizations.
SPE Introduces a New Communication Preference Center
The communication preference center lets you indicate the types of email communications you would like to receive from SPE. These changes comply with new regulations and better support SPE’s mission to collect, disseminate, and exchange technical knowledge.
Please login and confirm the correctness of your profile.
Join. Renew. Belong.
We're energy. We're international. We're networking. We're thought leaders. #WeAreSPE.
Watch the video to find out what our members are saying about the benefits of being an SPE member.
Photo of the Month
La Universidad del Zulia Petrobowl Team, who will represent Venezuela at the Regional Petrobowl Qualifiers in Trinidad in June.
OTC Attendees Celebrate 50th Edition
The 2018 Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) wrapped up in Houston with more than 61,300 E&P professionals celebrating its 50th edition of the event. This year, OTC focused on subjects such as the current state of the industry, reducing costs and improving overall value, breakthrough technologies in a low oil price environment, and industry-leading safety practices in addition to recurring topics. Read the show daily newspaper and view photos on the OTC Highlights page.
Mark your Calendar and Plan to Attend LACPEC 2019
Save the date for the next edition of the SPE Latin American and Caribbean Petroleum Engineering Conference (LACPEC) on 5–7 June 2019, Bogotá, Colombia. LACPEC is the preeminent technical event for E&P industry in the region and provides the main venue for showcasing cutting-edge research and development in petroleum engineering.
Start Making Your Plans for ATCE 2018
It’s not too early to start on plans for the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE), taking place 24-26 September 2018 in Dallas, Texas, USA. Each year, E&P professionals from around the world come together at ATCE to learn, network, and discover the latest innovations and practices. Mark your calendar and plan to attend this year’s event. Registration will open in mid-June.
For those who require a visa to attend the conference, visit the Visa Information page to generate an official invitation letter.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal De Alfenas
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to Mexico, South America, and Caribbean SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose more than 158,000 members in 143 countries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge providing publications, events, training courses, and online resources.