SPE Latin America and Caribbean
Latin America is Calling for Papers!
SPE Latin American and Caribbean Health, Safety, Environment, and Sustainability Conference: Submit your paper proposal by 28 October 2014.
If selected, you can:
- Present your latest technical achievements to your peers at the conference.
- Have your paper included in the multi-society library, OnePetro.
- Submit your paper for consideration in one of of SPE's peer-reviewed technical journals.
Programme Now Live for the SPE Workshop in Mexico
The SPE Well Integrity: Facing The New Challenges Workshop will present key issues in well integrity including support systems for companies, new regulations, plans for compliance, how to minimize casing failures during fracture/stimulation operations, and more.
Connect with the Brightest Minds of the Oil and Gas Industry
SPE Connect is your online community to meet, collaborate, discuss specific technical challenges and resolutions, or share your experience and knowledge with other SPE members worldwide.
Dig Deeper Without Leaving Your Desk
Too busy to be away from the office? Take yourself to greater depths right from your desktop with SPE Web Events. Join our industry experts as they explore solutions to real problems and discuss trending topics. View upcoming web events or watch a web event available now.
With Overwhelming’ Success: SPE Heavy and Extra Heavy Oil Conference—Latin America was Delivered
The inaugural SPE Heavy and Extra Heavy Oil Conference—Latin America in Medellín, Colombia proved to be a successful 3-day event, exceeding the expected attendance close to 500 participants who came to learn about technological advances, opportunities, and challenges in heavy and extra heavy oil exploration and production. Executives from service and national oil companies in Latin America were featured among the more than 70 technical presentations discussing the latest international perspectives. SPE’s global training course, held prior to the event, also gave attendees the opportunity to learn specifics in steam injection recovery as one in a variety of heavy oil recovery techniques.
Exceptional Student Chapter of the State University of North Fluminense Darcy Ribeiro!
The Student Chapter of the State University of North Fluminense Darcy Ribeiro has been selected to receive the "Outstanding Student Chapter Award."
Considered the highest honor for an SPE chapter, this award recognizes an exceptional program for its innovation, commitment to the industry, operation and planning, community involvement, and professional development initiatives.
The award will be presented to the student chapter by SPE board members at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE 2014) in Amsterdam this October.
Congratulations to SPE Trinidad and Tobago Section Members!
The SPE Trinidad and Tobago Section, one of 191 Sections worldwide, has been selected to receive the 2014 SPE President’s Award for Section Excellence. This prestigious award recognizes SPE sections with exceptional programs in technical knowledge, communication, membership development, student interaction, community and society outreach, innovation and more. This is an outstanding achievement to the hard work, volunteerism and commitment of SPETT members at the professional and student levels. The award will be presented to the SPETT section during the President’s Luncheon at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE 2014) in Amsterdam this October.
What SPE Membership Means to SPE Reservoir Engineer Member
SPE Macae Section board member and reservoir engineer Adolfo Puime Pires knows how different our programs are from those of other industry associations. He values our exceptional coverage of technological developments and our dissemination of this information to colleagues across the globe. He loves SPE’s Distinguished Lecturer and Ambassador Programs, which expose members to the perspectives of the oil industry’s most respected leaders. He’s also excited about the new SPE website, with its broader access to technical information and eMentoring for young professionals. On the whole, Pires values the career-enhancing opportunities SPE offers to create lasting connections with colleagues, academics, and industry experts, to access thousands of technical papers, and to attend SPE conferences and workshops around the globe.
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Mexico City
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Nacional Exp. de Llanos Occidentales
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 124,000 members in 135 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.