South America and Caribbean
Regional Director's Updates
2018 will be “El Dorado” year, where each of us will offer the best to our communities, economies, and to the oil and gas industry. With SPE’s gold values of networking, knowledge, and technology, we should continue to give our time and attention to the Society, and the equilibrium to maintain a stable relationship with our environment and our world.
Wishing you all a great 2018!
Cesar Patiño, Ecopetrol
SPE Regional Director
2018 SPE President
Did you know that fracturing is not permitted in parts of the Middle East? And it has been that way for a long time.
Read the President's Column in JPT.
Registration Now Open for 2018 SPE Energy Resources Conference in Trinidad and Tobago OTC
The SPE Energy Resources Conference in Trinidad and Tobago will be held 25 – 27 June 2018 at the Hyatt Regency on the modern waterfront of downtown Port of Spain.
The conference will focuse on maximizing productivity and recovery of oil and gas through the integration of technology, assets, and organizations.
VACA MUERTA RISING: Building Unconventional Production From the Ground Up in Argentina!
The potential is there. The US Energy Information Administration ranks Argentina second in the world among unconventional formations for technically recoverable gas and fourth for oil. Read the article.
Watch the video.
Join. Renew. Belong.
We're energy. We're international. We're networking. We're thought leaders. #WeAreSPE.
Watch the video to find out what our members are saying about the benefits of being an SPE member.
Photo of the Month
How are you collaborating with other SPE Chapters?
Filipe Duarte, Petroleum Engineering Student at Federal University of Espirito Santo (Ufes), and President at SPE Ufes Student Chapter.
Applaud Excellence – Nominate a Colleague for the New SPE Regional Awards
SPE is still accepting nominations for outstanding work in the E&P industry. Take this opportunity to help your dedicated colleagues get the recognition they deserve. Visit the Awards page for more information.
The Regional Awards Nomination deadline is 1 March 2018.
Encourage Young Leaders in Oil and Gas: Nominate Them for an SPE Award
The Regional Young Member Outstanding Service Award recognizes contributions and leadership to the public, the community, SPE, and the petroleum engineering profession within the region. Learn more.
The Regional Young Member Outstanding Service Award Nomination Deadline is 1 March 2018
Paper Proposals Still Being Accepted for SPE Argentina Unconventional Resources Event
Submit your paper proposal by 6 March 2018 to be part of the the conference.
Under the theme “Transforming Resources into Reserves and Production,” the SPE Argentina Exploration and Production of Unconventional Resources Symposium will be held 14-16 August 2018 in Neuquén.
The event highlights innovative practical cases and use of new technologies to carry out the great task of developing the unconventional resources cost-effectively.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal De Alfenas
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to Mexico, South America, and Caribbean SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
Celebrating 50 Years of OTC
Since 1969, SPE has been a sponsoring organization of the Offshore Technology Conference. SPE members have contributed greatly to OTC’s successes.
Join us this year to commemorate 50 years of OTC and discover the offshore innovations we can expect over the next 50 years.
Register now and view the technical sessions and special events that are included with your registration to OTC 2018 at NRG Park in Houston, Texas, 30 April–3 May.
Looking For a Place to Discuss Non-Technical Topics?
SPE launched its newest online community, Open Forum, sponsored by SPE’s Soft Skills Committee! In this community, you can discuss non-technical topics like leadership and business skills. Look for an email in your inbox today with more information!
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose more than 158,000 members in 143 countries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge providing publications, events, training courses, and online resources.