SPE Latin America and Caribbean
This is SPE. Our members say it best
SPE—The Best Resource for Every Stage of Your E&P Career.
Congratulations to the 2015 Outstanding SPE Sections and Student Chapters
The 2015 Outstanding SPE Sections and Student Chapters have been selected by the activities committee. They will be recognized at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE), 28-30 September 2015, Houston, Texas.
President’s Award for Section Excellence:
- Macae Section
Section Award for Outstanding Young Professional Activity:
- Brazil Section
- Golfo San Jorge Section
Outstanding Student Chapters:
- Universidad Privada De Santa Cruz Bolivia
- Universidade de Sao Paulo
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense Darcy Ribeiro
- University of Trinidad and Tobago
Regional Student Paper Contest Winners
Please join SPE in congratulating the following winners of the recent SPE Regional Student Paper Contest held in Brazil. These students qualified to compete on the international level at ATCE 2015.
- Undergraduate: Victor Rodrigues Alves, Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Masters: Livia Marques, Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- PhD: Carla Janaina Ferreira, Universidade Estadual de Campinas
Congratulations Regional Winners. You're Going to the PetroBowl Championship at ATCE!
Congratulations to the first and second place winning teams, which have been invited to compete as our regional representatives at the global PetroBowl. The final championship tournament will be held at ATCE in Houston, 28-30 September 2015, in conjunction with ATCE.
- 1st Place: Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- 2nd Place: Universidade Federal de Campina Grande
Students, get your teams ready for the upcoming SPE Regional Latin American and Caribbean PetroBowl to be held in conjunction with LACPEC 2015.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.Update Profile
Not an SPE member? Join Now.
Download the Latin America and Caribbean Events Postcard
Meet Our South America and Caribbean Section Officers
Dig Deeper Without Leaving Your Desk
Too busy to be away from the office? Take yourself to greater depths right from your desktop with SPE Web Events. Join our industry experts as they explore solutions to real problems and discuss trending topics. View upcoming web events or watch a web event available now.
SPE Congratulates New Regional Student Chapters
We are pleased to announce and welcome to SPE the following new chapters.
- UNISANTA—Universidade de Santa Cecilia, Brazil Section
- UNSAAC—Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco, Lima Section
SPE Speaker SourceAre you willing to share your knowledge with an audience of SPE members? If you are, we invite you to join Speaker Source, an online directory of E&P professionals who share expertise and experience with SPE Sections and Student Chapters. Learn how you can make a difference by sharing your knowledge with our members.
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Mexico City
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Nacional Exp. de Llanos Occidentales
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
Website Disclaimer Notice
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to South America, Caribbean, and Mexico SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 124,000 members in 135 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.