South America and Caribbean
LACPEC: A Message from the SPE President
“This year’s LACPEC will be an incredibly valuable event because it provides actionable insights, expert know-how, and strategic partnership potential to capitalize on the region’s oil and gas opportunities.”
- 2017 SPE President Janeen Judah, Chevron.
Create Strategic Partnerships for Capitalizing on the Region’s Mature Fields
For the first time, SPE is hosting the SPE Latin American and Caribbean Mature Fields Symposium. It brings together oilfield service operators, drilling companies, academia, and E&P stakeholders to discuss alternatives to prolong field life with advance technology, cost efficiency, and safety. Register early and save USD 100!
OTC Brasil: Gain Industry Recognition and Stand Out Among Your Peers
Become an integral part of OTC Brasil's tradition of technical excellence and seize the opportunity to share your latest technical achievements, enhance your reputation as an E&P leader, and contribute to the advancement of the industry. Submit your paper proposal today!
SPE Regional Awards
You still have time to nominate a colleague for an SPE Regional Award. Take this opportunity to help your dedicated colleagues get the recognition they deserve. The nomination deadline has been extended to 15 March. Visit the Awards page for more information.
Nominations Underway for the Distinguished Lecturer
Do you know someone who is an authority in their field and an experienced public speaker?
If so, nominate them for this elite SPE program.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
During 19-25 February, SPE members around the world will be celebrating Engineer's Week. Join the conversation by sharing a video, photo, or statement about why you love being an engineer using #eweek2017 on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
Watch featured member Luciano Fucello of the Argentine Petroleum section.
Golfo San Jorge
The Golfo San Jorge section’s focus on mature field management helped spark new ideas and drove SPE’s mission. Its strong member event attendance showed enthusiasm and support. Big kudos for winning the President’s Award for Section Excellence last year. Pictured above,
2016 chairperson Gonzalo Perez Cometto received the section's award at 2017 ATCE in Dubai.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
Website Disclaimer Notice
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to Mexico, South America, and Caribbean SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 168,000 members in 144 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.