South America and Caribbean
- Register NOW and save USD 200.
- Enjoy discounted airfare when flying United Airlines.
For the first time, SPE is hosting the SPE Latin American and Caribbean Mature Fields Symposium. It brings together oilfield service operators, drilling companies, academia, and E&P stakeholders to discuss alternatives to prolong field life with advance technology, cost efficiency, and safety. This symposium is scheduled for 15–16 March in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. Register early and save 100 USD!
Become an integral part of OTC’s tradition of technical excellence and seize the opportunity to share your latest technical achievements, enhance your reputation as an E&P leader, and contribute to the advancement of the industry. Submit your paper proposal today!
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
Behind Every Winner is a Great Nomination
SPE awards recognize members for their technical contributions, professional excellence, career achievement, service to colleagues, industry leadership, and public service.
Nominate a colleague for outstanding work in the E&P industry by 15 February.
We Have Volunteer Opportunities Available!
SPE is looking for members who are proficient in another language to help translate glossary terms, articles, and papers from English into other languages. Translators will be working in the Google Translate Toolkit. See our available volunteer opportunities.
Nominations Underway for the Distinguished Lecturer
Do you know someone who is an authority in their field and an experienced public speaker?
If so, nominate them for this elite SPE program.
Participate in the Regional Student Paper Contest!
Submit an original abstract by 19 January for the Undergraduate, Masters or PhD. Division.
The SPE South American and Caribbean Student Paper Regional Qualifier will be held 16 May in Buenos Aires, alongside LACPEC. The first place division winners will receive a paid trip to San Antonio, Texas, USA, to compete in the SPE International Student Paper Contest at ATCE.
As you kick off 2017, be sure to use the SPE Competency Management Tool to manage your professional development goals. This is a free, online member benefit that allows you to assess your current professional capabilities against various E&P competencies. Models cover geosciences, drilling, engineering, production operations, projects and facilities, health, safety & environment, and more.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Salvador
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
Website Disclaimer Notice
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to Mexico, South America, and Caribbean SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 168,000 members in 144 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.