SPE Latin America and Caribbean
This is SPE. Our members say it best
SPE-The Best Resource for Every Stage of Your E&P Career.
Connect with your SPE Section
Learn about local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Meet Our South America and Caribbean Section Officers
Download the Latin America and Caribbean Events Card
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.Update Profile
Not an SPE member? Join Now.
We have volunteer opportunities available!
E&P Experts Met in Argentina to Discuss Technology Developments in Mature Fields
More than 80 professionals met in Comodoro Rivadavia in April to discuss best practices in mature fields management in our region. The SPE workshop included 20 technical presentations, a collaborative break-out session, and featured 2 keynote executives’ addresses from YPF and Panamerica. The goal was to provide the means to extend the life of mature oil fields far beyond previous technical and economic limits. See the comprehensive topics covered.
Meet Alejandro Luppi, Argentine Petroleum Section Outgoing Chair
Alejandro Luppi, who served in this section’s leadership for 13 years, shares his rewarding experiences with SPE: “Active volunteerism goes beyond the call of duty. Volunteers at SPE offer their time and effort for a cause they believe to be useful.” Read complete interview>>
Distinguished Lecturer Schedule
Take the opportunity to enhance your knowledge and grow professionally by hearing these experts in their fields.Learn about the chosen lectures for the 2016-2017 season.
SPE Offers New Toolkit for Members in Transition
Do you need help writing cover letters and a resume? Or, maybe you need to brush up on your skills? Whatever career assistance you may need, SPE is ready to support you through every industry cycle. SPE’s Members in Transition Toolkit provides information, resources, and programs to assist you during this current downturn. Learn more.
SPE Creates New Completions Technical Discipline
The SPE Board of Directors created a new Completions technical discipline in March 2016. This move honors the increased focus that completions technologies have gained in the recent past, while at the same time removing some of the ambiguity that has existed as to where certain technical topics should be classified, i.e. either in Drilling & Completions or in Production & Operations. With the new line-up, there will be three technical disciplines to choose from: Drilling, Completions, and Production & Operations. Check out additional information such as latest technical papers, SPE Connect discussion highlights, and much more.
SPE Speaker SourceAre you willing to share your knowledge with an audience of SPE members? If you are, we invite you to join Speaker Source, an online directory of E&P professionals who share expertise and experience with SPE Sections and Student Chapters. Learn how you can make a difference by sharing your knowledge with our members.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Mexico City
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Nacional Exp. de Llanos Occidentales
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Salvador
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
Website Disclaimer Notice
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to South America, Caribbean, and Mexico SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 168,000 members in 144 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.