We offer ways for members younger than age 36 looking to stay active in the industry or learn how to get ahead. You can explore the education and networking opportunities tailored to your interests.
- Find out if your section has a YP Committee and start contributing
- Join the YP Connect network to discuss career issues, ideas and events in an online forum
- Share your career experiences with college students through the Ambassador Lecture Program
- Get published in one of our peer-reviewed journals and be considered for Cedric K. Ferguson Young Technical Author Medal
- Nominate your colleague for a young professional award
- Get involved with the eMentoring program, either as mentor or as mentee
- Find out ways to enhance your career with certification
- Volunteer with Energy Education
- Take control of your professional development and identify your knowledge gaps through SPE’s Competency Management Tool, a free tool for members.
Spotlight on Young Professionals
Do you know of a Young Professional who deserves to be put in the spotlight? If so, suggest them or yourself to be featured in the “Spotlight on Young Professionals”.
The purpose of “Spotlight on Young Professionals” is to share interesting voluntary contributions and technical achievements of Young Professionals with their peers through SPE’s communication channels. The chosen stories will be featured within The Way Ahead, SPE’s magazine by and for Young Professionals (YPs), and through SPE’s social media channels targeting YPs.
If you have an interesting story about you or your SPE peer’s voluntary or technical contributions to the industry send it through to us today and be put in the Spotlight.
Submit your stories by 22 June to feature in the next TWA spotlight! (link to survey to follow)
All applications will be reviewed by the Young Member Engagement Committee.
Young Member Engagement Committee
About the committee
The YMEC aims to ensure that young professional and student engagement remains a top priority for the future of SPE. YMEC members play a crucial role in developing and implementing programs and activities that provide significant value to SPE young members worldwide, including university students and young professionals.
The Way Ahead
The Way Ahead is a magazine designed for and edited by young professionals in the oil and gas industry. In it, you will find items of particular interest to younger members of the industry, including articles on finding your career path, improving key skills, and the roles of young professionals around the world.
The library contains a collection of video resources for your learning and development. Topics range from career advice and personal skills to industry training and more.
NEW! Web Events by YPs for YPs
Web Events by YPs for YPs provide an opportunity for young professionals to share technical knowledge globally, and make this information available to other young professionals in a cost-effective and engaging manner. Learn more about volunteering as a speaker.
Contact us for more details.