Congratulations to the 2010 International Award Winners
25 August 2010 in Americas,Asia-Pacific,Canada,Drilling (DC),Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa,Europe, Russia and West Africa,Facilities (PFC),HSE,Latin America and Caribbean,Management (MI),Middle East, North Africa and India,Production (PO),Reservoir (RDD),Russia and Caspian,SPE News,United States
The 2010 recipients will be recognized during the 2010 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition in Florence, Italy in September. The 2011 recipients will be recognized at the 2011 ATCE in Denver, Colorado.
SPE Distinguished Members Class of 2010 at the President’s Luncheon hosted by 2010 SPE President Behrooz Fattahi.
Managing Director Asia Pacific Cordella Wong Gillett and Distinguished Member Norio Arihara at the Annual Banquet.
Distinguished Member and incoming SPE Board Member Mohan Kelkar with 2010 SPE President Behrooz Fattahi.
Distinguished Service Award recipient Jeff Jones.
Cedric K. Ferguson Medal winner Lujun Ji celebrates at the reception after the Annual Banquet.
Honorary Member Eve Sprunt and SPE President Behrooz Fattahi.
The 2010 Awards Banquet in the Salon dei Cinquecento of the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence Italy.
Saudi Arabia Section award winners Tareq Al-Zahrani, Muhammad Al Saggaf and Ashraf Al-Tahini.
Technical Award winners, Class of 2010, receive their plaques at the Annual Banquet.
Lester C. Uren Award recipient Muhammad Al Saggaf and 2010 SPE President Behrooz Fattahi.
Winning women pose on the stage after the Annual Banquet.
The Young Member Outstanding Service Award recipients, class of 2010, with 2010 SPE President Behrooz Fattahi.
Honorary Member Award (2010)
- Ram Agarwal, PetroTel Inc., Plano, Texas USA
- Cesare Colamasi, Petren, Milano, Italy
- Valery Graifer, LUKOIL, Moscow, Russian Federation
- Fikri J. Kuchuk, Schlumberger, Clamart Cedex, France
- Eve Sprunt, Chevron, San Ramon, California USA
John Franklin Carll Award
- Iraj Ershaghi, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California USA
Anthony F. Lucas Gold Medal
- Curtis Whitson, Norwegian University of Technology, Trondheim, Norway (2011)
- Christine A. Ehlig-Economides, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas USA, was previously approved as recipient of the 2010 Anthony F. Lucas Gold Medal
Lester C. Uren Award
- Muhammad M. Al-Saggaf, Saudi Aramco, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty
- Ding Zhu, Texas A&M College Station, Texas USA
DeGolyer Distinguished Service Award
- Joyce Madelyn Holtzclaw, Nations Petroleum, Keene, California, USA
- Norio Arihara, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
- John Bethancourt, Chevron, San Ramon, California USA
- J. Michael Black, Greystone Oil & Gas, Houston, Texas USA
- David Curry, Baker Hughes, London, UK
- Giambattista De Ghetto, Eni S.p.A., San Donato Milanese, Italy
- Mohan G. Kelkar, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
- Thomas P. Lockhart, Eni S.p.A., San Donato Milanese, Italy
- Jorge Manrique, Shell, Katy, Texas USA
- Stefan Z. Miska, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
- Raul Hugo Morales, Schlumberger, Katy, Texas USA
- George Moridis, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California USA
- Oliver Mullins, Schlumberger, Houston, Texas USA
- Cindy Reece, ExxonMobil, Houston, Texas USA
- Leo Roodhart, Shell, Haarlem, The Netherlands
- Buddy Woodroof, CoreLab, Houston, Texas USA
Cedric K. Ferguson Medal and Certificate
“A Novel Hydraulic Fracturing Model Fully Coupled With Geomechanics and Reservoir Simulation”
- Lujun Ji, M-I-SWACO, Houston, Texas USA (Medal)
- A. Tony Settari, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada (Certificate)
- Richard B. Sullivan, Anadarko, Houston, Texas USA (Certificate)
Distinguished Service Award
- Anil K. Ambastha, Chevron IndoAsia, Sumatra, Indonesia
- Rahul Bali, Oil & Natural Gas Corp., Mumbai, India
- Jeff Jones, Nations Petroleum, Bakersfield, California USA
- Janeen Judah, Chevron, San Ramon, California USA
- Dean Oliver, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Completions Optimization and Technology Award (2010)
- Gerald Coulter, Coulter Energy, Gainesville, Texas USA
Drilling Engineering Award (2011)
- John L. Thorogood, Aberdeen, United Kingdom (2011)
- Allen A. Sinor, Hughes Christensen, The Woodlands, Texas USA, was previously approved as the recipient of the 2010 Drilling Engineering Award.
Formation Evaluation Award
- Mustafa Onur, Istanbul Tech University, Istanbul, Turkey
Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Social Responsibility
- Alexander Barbey, Schlumberger, Montrouge, France
Management and Information Award
- Joseph L. Anders, BP, Anchorage, Alaska USA
Production and Operations Award
- Cem Sarica, University of Tulsa, Tulsa Oklahoma USA
Projects, Facilities and Construction Award
- Charles Webb, Chevron, Bakersfield, California USA
Reservoir Description and Dynamics Award
- C. Shah Kabir, Hess, Houston, Texas USA
Young Member Outstanding Service Award
- Deepak M. Gala, Weatherford, Houston, Texas USA
- Christopher Jenkins, Saudi Aramco, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- Madhav M. Kulkarni, Marathon Oil, Houston, Texas USA
- Ashraf Al-Tahini, Saudi Aramco, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
International Distinguished Corporate Support Award
- Schlumberger, Paris, France