Join us in congratulating the 2011 SPE International Award recipients! The SPE Board of Directors approved the 2011 International Award recipients at their recent meeting. Fifteen international award committees recommended these winners to the board because of their outstanding and significant technical, professional, and service contributions to SPE and the petroleum industry. The winners were chosen from a pool of first-rate candidates. SPE President Alain Labastie will present the awards to the winners at ATCE in Denver.
Jan-Dirk Jansen, Tad Patzek and Clay Radke at the reception before the banquet.
Faculty winner Bob Chase and Alain Labastie.
SPE Technical Award Winners.
SPE Distinguished Service Award winners, Sunil Kokal, Herb Bell and Sami Al-Neaim.
SPE Young Member Outstanding Service Award winners with SPE President.
Honorary Member Bill Cobb with SPE President Alain Labastie and AIME President Brajendra Mishra.
Bob Howard accepts Distinguished Corporate Support Award for Chevron.
2012 SPE President Ganesh Thakur and family.
SPE Membership Contest Winners.
Century Club Winners.
SPE Distinguished Members Class of 2011.
Winners from Saudi Aramco and their guests.
Honorary Member Award (2011)
- William M. Cobb, William M. Cobb & Associates, Dallas, Texas USA
- *Yannis C. Yortsos, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California USA
- Egbert Ulogo Imomoh, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
John Franklin Carll Award (2011)
- *Clayton J. Radke, University of California, Berkley, California USA
Anthony F. Lucas Gold Medal (2011)
- Curtis H. Whitson, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Lester C. Uren Award (2011)
- *Martin Blunt, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty (2011)
- Robert W. Chase, Marietta College, Marietta, Ohio USA
DeGolyer Distinguished Service Award (2011)
- Thomas A. Gouldie, Santos, Adelaide, Australia
Distinguished Member (2011)
- Surendra Bateja, Oil & Natural Gas Corporation, Ahmadabad, India
- Pronip K. Borthakur, Oil & Natural Gas Corporation, Mumbai, India
- William V. Grieser, Halliburton, Yukon, Oklahoma USA
- Ajit K. Hazarika, Oil & Natural Gas Corporation, New Delhi, India
- Robert H. Lane, Texas A&M, College Station, Texas USA
- André L. Martins, Petrobras, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Alexander A. Neyin, Consultant, Lagos, Nigeria
- Nestor F. Saavedra, Ecopetrol, Bucaramanga, Colombia
- Mathew M. Samuel, Schlumberger, Sugar Land, Texas USA
- Jeffrey B. Spath, Schlumberger, Houston, Texas USA
- Michael J. Sullivan, Chevron, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Raymond Tibbles, Schlumberger, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Jalal S. Torabzadeh, California State University, Long Beach, California USA
- Ding Zhu, Texas A&M, College Station, Texas USA
Cedric K. Ferguson Medal and Certificate (2011)
- S. Ali Vakili Ghahani, Delft University, Delft, Netherlands (Medal)
- Jan Dirk Jansen, Delft University, Delft, Netherlands (Certificate)
Distinguished Service Award (2011)
- *Sami A. Al-Neaim, Saudi Aramco, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- *Herbert J. Bell, Jr., TREK Resources, Dallas, Texas USA
- Sunil L. Kokal, Saudi Aramco, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Completions Optimization and Technology Award (2011)
- David D. Cramer, ConocoPhillips, Katy, Texas USA
Drilling Engineering Award (2012)
- Kenneth E. Gray, University of Texas, Austin, Texas USA
Kenneth’s award will be presented at the SPE/IADC Drilling Conference & Exhibition in March 2012. Kenneth will also be recognized at ATCE 2012 in San Antonio, Texas.
Drilling Engineering Award (2011)
- John L. Thorogood, Consultant, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
John’s award was previously approved as the recipient of the 2011 Drilling Engineering Award. His award was presented at the SPE/IADC Drilling Conference & Exhibition last March. John will also be recognized at ATCE in Denver, Colorado.
Formation Evaluation Award (2011)
- Mehdi Matt Honarpour, Hess, Houston, Texas USA
Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Social Responsibility (2011)
- Zara Khatib, Petroleum Institute/Shell, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Management and Information Award (2011)
- Donald L. Paul, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California USA
Production and Operations Award (2011)
- A. Rashid Hasan, University of Minnesota, Duluth, Minnesota USA
Projects, Facilities and Construction Award (2011)
- Kazuioshi Minami, Petrobras, Santos, Brazil
Public Service Award (2011)
- *Berry D. Simpson, Allegro Properties, Midland, Texas USA
Reservoir Description and Dynamics Award (2011)
- Michael J. King, Texas A&M College Station, Texas USA
Young Member Outstanding Service Award (2011)
- Faisal N. Alnughaimish, Saudi Aramco, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- Abdullatif A. Al-Omair, Saudi Aramco, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- Hernán Buijs, Wintershall, Barnstorf, Germany
- Carrie Goddard, Chevron, San Ramos, California USA
* Automatically elected as SPE Distinguished Members