An Invitation to Attend the SPE Drilling Systems Automation Panel Discussion on Sunday, 30 October
Join the SPE Drilling Systems Automation Technical Section (DSATS) for a half-day interactive panel discussion on these and related topics. The event will be held in conjunction with the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition on Sunday, 30th October, from 1:30 to 5:00 p.m. (MDT) at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, Colorado.
Click Here to Register! The registration deadline is Monday, 24 October.
There is no charge to attend this important meeting. However, due to limited seating, you must register to attend.
Automation is expanding beyond drilling systems into well completions, re-entry operations and fluids management. Well construction automation is a rapidly growing application that improves delivery of all well types. Learn more in an exciting series of presentations and debate that will bring value to asset managers, production engineers, drilling managers andengineers, suppliers to the well construction industry, and anyone connected to value realization in the drilling and completion of wells.
Confirmed panelists include managers responsible for implementing automation and representing the leading edge of application in the well-construction industry:
- Adrian Vuyk, Weatherford – Quality and Repeatability through Automation in Completions and Re-Entry Operations
- Ed Wood, Baker Hughes – Electronically-Actuated Packers Automate Installation Procedures
- Craig Godfrey, Halliburton – Automation Around Completions – what now, what next.
- Dinesh Patel, Schlumberger – Challenges and Opportunities for Automation in Completions
- Eric van Oort, Shell – Drilling and Completion Fluids Automation
- The DSATS Communications Team will demonstrate current architecture controlling a top drive simulator using autonomous agents connected via a DSATS Communications Device – coordinator Clinton Chapman, DSATS Deputy Chairman
Facilitator – John de Wardt, President, DE WARDT & COMPANY
Following the event, attendees will network while enjoying wines from a very select Colorado winery. The Infinite Monkey Theorem is an established leader in the creation of high-quality wines. National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is graciously sponsoring the Colorado wine reception for attendees immediately following the panel discussion from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Chairman, Drilling Systems Automation Technical Section