Society of Petroleum Engineers
Samantha Sipowicz, APR
Public Relations Manager
+1 713 457-6872
Houston, Texas (27 August 2015) – Ideally timed and located, Society of Petroleum Engineers’ (SPE) Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition SM (ATCE), 28-30 September will be in Houston at the George R. Brown Convention Center anticipating 10,000 oil and gas professionals from across the world. The event will highlight more than 400 technical presentations and 300 exhibits which offer the latest technologies, best practices, and future trends of the exploration and production industry.
- ATCE 2015 General Chairperson, Gustavo Hernandez Garcia, general director and CEO PEMEX, will share his insights on the oil and gas industry at the Chairman’s Luncheon, Monday 28 September.
- “2040: The Journey and the Destination—Diverse Perspectives,” is the theme of the Opening General Session, Monday 28 September on the global energy outlook for oil and gas in the future featuring distinguished panelists:
- Moderator: Eithne Treanor, managing partner, E Treanor Media;
- Sergio Alcocer, undersecretary for North American Affairs, secretariat of Foreign Relations of Mexico;
- Bernard Looney, chief operating officer, Production, BP;
- Jarand Rystad, managing partner, Rystad Energy;
- Scott W. Tinker, director, Bureau of Economic Geology, director, Advanced Energy Consortium
- Adif Zulkifli, senior vice president, Corporate Strategy and Risk, PETRONAS.
- “Value Preservation: Sustainability and Management of Above Ground Risk,” on Monday 28 September offers discussion on how value is added to projects across its lifecycle featuring speakers: Dan Domeracki, Schlumberger; Alex Hohman, Anadarko; Michael Oxman, Acorn International; and RoseAnne Franco, Wood-McKenzie.
- President’s Luncheon and Annual Meeting of members will be Wednesday 30 September, showcasing 2015 SPE President Helge Hove Haldorsen’s state of society, and 2016 SPE President Nathan Meehan begins his term.
- ENGenious is the new Journal of Petroleum Technology (JPT®) Young Technology Showcase, an interactive, educational space in the exhibit hall, where emerging and young technologies offer more profitable exploration and production.
“ATCE is the flagship must-attend SPE event providing incremental and radical E&P 360 degrees improvement ideas to our members and the industry,” says SPE 2015 President Helge Hove Haldorsen. “Especially during difficult times, the many knowledge sharing and networking opportunities at ATCE are extremely valuable. You will leave ATCE with many new contacts and with a pocket full of good ideas you can try at home. We are 143,000 global SPE members in 147 countries on a mission to share and we all have ‘making the world a better place through the energy we produce’ on our CVs!”
Over the three-day schedule, ATCE will feature more than 45 technical sessions, 34 training sessions, and young professional and student events and activities, as well as one of the largest exhibit halls in the industry.
A sampling of the Technical Section Events that will be presented at ATCE are: “Sustainable Innovation in the Oil and Gas Drilling Industry: A Strategy to Build a Bridge to Cross the Chasm,” “Modern Manufacturing for Oil and Gas,” “Technology Transfer from other Industries to Oil and Gas E&P,” “Proper Wellbore Positioning Improves Reservoir Value,” and more.
Soft skill workshops include: “SPE Professionals Exemplify Integrity and Ethics,” “Effective Communication: Gaining an Edge in the Industry,” and “Learn to Start your Own Business and Grow your Networking.”
The SPE Pavilion serves as the center for SPE member benefits. Attendees can learn about technical resources, professional development opportunities, networking channels, and volunteer options.
Participating in ATCE will be engineers, operators, scientists, managers, and executives involved in all aspects of the global petroleum industry. ATCE offers unique opportunities for people at all career levels including young professionals and students to meet industry experts, network with peers, and access new technologies.
Registration for conference attendance, sponsorship, and exhibits is available at www.spe.org/atce.
Photos, logos, interviews available upon request.
ABOUT SOCIETY OF PETROLEUM ENGINEERS (SPE)
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 143,000 members in 147 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources at www.spe.org.