On July 15, Ganesh Thakur, 2012 SPE President visited the Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS Chapter.
The visit covered four main areas:
- Presentation by Ganesh Thakur on “How to Reach 70% recovery”
- Luncheon and Networking Session
- Tour around UTP
- Session with SPE Student Chapters
The aim of the visit was:
- To increase the technical knowledge of students on enhanced oil recovery.
- To create awareness of the latest updates in the oil and gas industry.
- To strengthen ties between the PETRONAS Chapter, SPE Kuala Lumpur, SPE International and other Chapters in Malaysia.
- To promote the PETRONAS Chapter to the international level in the oil and gas industry.
- To provide networking opportunities for faculty lecturers, staff, and students with industry professionals.
- To exchange experiences to help improve the PETRONASCchapter.
The chapter looks forward to organizing similar events in the future to continually expose and educate Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS students to the latest challenges and opportunity in oil and gas industry in addition to strengthening bonds among SPE student chapters in Malaysia.