The ever entertaining UPES SPE Fest witnessed a great hike of fervour amongst its chapter members this year. The greatest attraction which made the whole fest memorable was the international participation from neighbouring countries like UAE and Bangladesh, apart from participants from ISM Dhanbad, MIT Pune, Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering Studies, Chennai and PDPU, Gandhinagar.
Some of the SPE Fest events included:
- Techuminati - Candidates based their presentations on innovative approaches to overcome certain technical challenges faced in the oil and gas industry.
- Virtuoso – the poster presentation contest
- Source Code - Five participants made it to the finals which required them to solve an allotted real world problem using their coding and sharp algorithmic skills.
- Noesis – A quiz dedicated to the various aspects of the oil and gas industry.
- Shutter Speed – A contest which required the participants to capture 5 photographs based on any of the themes given viz. “Green”, “Friends Forever”, “Energy around You” and “It’s all there in Black And White”.
- Symposium - Topics mainly focused on the global front.
- Experience Sharing Programme – Mr. V K Gupta (DGM, Drilling operations, IDT, Dehradun), the distinguished speaker for the evening, enlightened the audience with the present industry requirements and the professional collaboration between the geologist, petroleum and chemical engineering.
- PetraBol Soccer Tournament - This event was added this year and winners received a champion’s trophy plus a cash prize of Rs. 5000.