Congratulations to Alexander Restrepo! He has been awarded the 2012 Gus Archie Memorial Scholarship. His scholarship is renewable for up to four years.
Alex is a graduate of the Albuquerque Academy in New Mexico. While attending high school, Alex was selected to attend the Nation Youth Leadership Forum on National Security in Washington, D.C, where he explored American diplomacy, intelligence and defense.
Alex’s outstanding achievements and accomplishments include (but not limited to):
- National Hispanic Scholar
- AP Scholar
- Member of the Science Olympiad Team
- Albuquerque Academy Varsity Football Team
- 2011/2012 All Academic Football Team
- Varsity Wrestling Team
- Varsity Track Team
- 2012 Teen Winner of the NPC Body Building Championship
Alex, is currently a freshman at the Colorado School of Mines pursuing a degree in petroleum engineering. Congratulations again, Alexander!
Congratulations to Katrina Schilling! She has been awarded the 2012 Gus Archie Memorial Scholarship. Her scholarship is renewable for up to four years.
Katrina graduated from Katy High School in Katy, TX where she was the Valedictorian of her class, graduating first out of 592 students. She is attending Texas A&M University where she is enrolled in the Honors Program. She is majoring in petroleum engineering with a minor in Spanish.
Katrina’s achievements and leadership roles include:
- Member and 3-year letterman on Katy HS Swim Team, Outstanding Girl Swimmer Award
- Katy ISD Math Excellence Award
- Participant Nicaragua Summer Exchange Program – Spanish immersion and charitable service
- President of the National Honor Society
- Class Vice President and Class Treasurer
- Treasurer of Mu Alpha Theta and Treasurer of the Spanish Club
- Regional Qualifier in Math UIL Calculator
- Member of Youth Leadership team at church
- Peer Mentor at Katy HS
Katrina intends to be just as involved in the community at Texas A&M as she was in high school. She enjoys taking fitness classes, being involved in organizations, practicing Spanish, traveling and meeting people. Congratulations again, Katrina!