The Member Recruiting Contest is currently inactive.
View other SPE recruiting opportunities.
The quarterly winners will receive USD 300.
The regional grand prize winners receive USD 500.
Each year, the Build the World of SPE member recruitment contest begins 1 January and ends 31 December. Get rewarded for sharing information about the value and benefits of SPE membership and recruiting friends and colleagues.
- Members from all 16 SPE regions, plus a group representing members who reside in areas not covered by a current SPE section, compete to recruit the most new members.
- To receive credit, you must be listed as the SPE member responsible for encouragement on the printed or online application form.
- All completed applications and membership dues for qualified applicants must be received at SPE between 1 January and 31 December to be counted toward the grand prize.
- Student members are not eligible to participate nor do students count toward recruitment total.
Quarterly Prize Rules
- One winner each quarter will be selected at random.
- Quarterly prizes are drawn at the end of March, June, September and December.
- Participating members will receive a designated number of entries in the quarterly drawing based on the number of new members recruited during the immediately preceding quarter.
- A tiered system will determine the number of entries in the quarterly drawing. Entry tiers are as follows: 1-10 credits equal 1 entry; 11-20 credits equal 2 entries; 21+ credits equal 3 entries.
Each member recruited equals one credit.
- Each member begins each new quarter with zero entries and must recruit additional members to be eligible for subsequent quarterly drawings.
Grand Prize Rules
- Up to 17 grand prizes will be awarded.
- In cases where there are two or more members with equal credits leading for that region, a name will be randomly drawn to receive the regional grand prize.
- A minimum of five new members must be recruited to qualify.