SPE Faculty Grant for PhD Pipeline
The SPE Faculty Grant for PhD Pipeline recognizes faculty who have developed innovative techniques to recruit PhD students with a career focus on academia into the PE program. It also seeks to share the best practices for recruiting with other PE faculty. We are awarding awards of USD 10,000 each during the 2-year pilot launch for the program.
Self-nomination is not allowed.
The nominator must:
- Complete section I-IV on the nomination form.
Provide examples of innovative techniques employed by the nominee to recruit PhD students with a career focus in academia into the PE program, maximum 6 pages. Group examples into these three areas:
- unique or effective methods of attracting students to apply to graduate school
- ways to encourage graduate students to consider careers in academia
- methods to attract PhDs back to academia from industry
- Provide a nomination letter, maximum 1 page.
- Collect 3 letter of recommendation or support, maximum 3 pages.
- Email all of the above by the deadline of 15 April to Tom Whipple, email@example.com, subject line SPE Faculty Grant for PhD Pipeline.