SPE Faculty Recruitment Award
The SPE Faculty Recruitment Award recognizes faculty who have developed innovative techniques to recruit PhD students, faculty from other disciplines and industry personnel to consider an academic career in petroleum engineering. It also seeks to share the best practices for recruiting with other PE faculty. We will give up to three awards per year in the amount of USD 10,000 per award. In addition to applications, faculty can be nominated by colleagues.
Award recipients are required to share their best practices via SPE venues such as webinars and ATCE presentations.
- Must be on faculty at a non-profit academic institution that offers degrees in petroleum engineering and has an active SPE student chapter
- Must be employed full time by the university and teach Petroleum Engineering
- Must be an SPE member
- Complete the online application.
- Provide examples of innovative techniques employed to recruit PhD students with a career focus in academia into the PE program, maximum 6 pages. Group examples into these four areas:
- Unique or effective methods of attracting students to apply to graduate school
- Ways to encourage graduate students to consider careers in academia
- Methods to attract PhDs back to academia from industry
- Attracting other discipline faculty to consider careers in petroleum engineering
- Collect 3 letters of recommendation or support, maximum 3 pages.