Maintain Your Star Scholarship or Fellowship
All award funding will be distributed in late November each year. To maintain your scholarship or fellowship, you must meet the eligibility requirements below and submit all required documents.
To continue to receive your disbursement for the scholarship/fellowship, you must:
- Be enrolled in a curriculum related to the petroleum industry
- Be enrolled in at least 30% of a full time academic load. Funding is not intended for certifications or training programs
- Maintain a “B” cumulative grade point average
- Be an SPE member for the duration of the funding. You must visit renew your dues each year before your funds will be disbursed. Membership renewal is not an automatic process. We encourage you to become active within your student chapter and hope you will be a member of SPE through every stage of your career
- Submit all required documents indicated below before November.
Before renewing, download and read the Frequently Asked Questions.
To Receive Your Disbursement
We will send an email to eligible recipients with payment instruction details. Follow the instructions in the email and complete all necessary requirements by 1 November. Contact email@example.com for assistance.
How to use the Academic Progress Portal