SPE Faculty Grant for Innovative Teaching
The SPE Faculty Grant for Innovative Teaching recognizes Petroleum Engineering Faculty who have demonstrated innovative teaching techniques. This award not only recognizes excellence, but encourages and equips others in academia to use similar techniques. In order to support the attraction and retention of faculty, we will award USD 10,000 per person.
Self-nomination is not allowed.
The nominator must:
- Complete section I-III on the nomination form.
- Attach a copy of the nominee's CV.
- Provide a copy of the nominee's course syllabus for the course cited in Section III of the above nomination form.
- Collect at least two letters of recommendation from a representative of the Department or College and from a student or alumni who has been in the nominees’ course within the last 3 years. NOTE: The Letters of recommendation are to include more than a personal reference, and each should include reference to the teaching innovation methods employed by the nominee.
- Email all of the above by 15 April to Tom Whipple, firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line SPE Faculty Grant for Innovative Teaching.