Establish a Section
SPE sections are organized into regions, and each region has representation on the SPE Board of Directors. Any group of SPE members in good standing in a particular area can request to form a new section. Approvals will be reviewed three times per year.
- Determine that there are at least 25 professional SPE members residing in the geographical area to be encompassed by the new section.
- Indicate the headquarters city in which your section will meet. If there are other cities in close proximity to your headquarters in which potential members live, please list these cities. You may not list an entire country or large area as your jurisdiction. If any of these cities of the proposed new section are already included in the jurisdiction of another section, the new geographic section must obtain a release of this territory from the existing section chairperson.
- Conduct an organizational meeting with all interested members and establish a temporary organization, including temporary officers. The SPE sections manager can provide a list of members residing in the area.
- The name of the proposed section will be the city where section meetings will be held.
- Ensure temporary officers and petitioners are SPE members in good standing; otherwise, an SPE member application form and dues monies must be included.
- Submit the following to email@example.com by the 15th day of February, June or October::
- Completed Broadcast Email Request Form
- Completed Petition Form
- If applicable, the Section Jurisdiction Release Form
- Bylaws and operating guidelines in English
Upon formation of a new section:
SPE will provide the following items:
- Section charter
- Section logos
- Stationary template
- Grant of USD 3,000 intended to assist the section in beginning operations
By request, a website will be created.