Become a student member
Already a student member?
- Renew your membership
- Meet practicing professionals at meetings or society events
- Apply for a mentor and receive practical career advice
- Receive discounts on textbooks, reference books, and other Society publications
- Apply for a number of SPE scholarships, with a quarter of a million awarded annually
- Participate in various SPE programs: eMentoring, online communities and paper contests
- Have your dues paid by Chevron, corporate sponsor for SPE student dues program
- Must be enrolled in a university and carry at least 30% of a normal full-time academic load
- Must have a concentration in petroleum or a related field
- And at least one of the following:
- Be pursuing the equivalent to a bachelors or graduate degree
- Attend an university with an SPE established student chapter
SPE will contact your student chapter faculty sponsor to verify enrollment or request a copy of your current transcript or proof of enrollment.
Ensure you complete all pages of the online application process:
- Fill out your profile information
- Select your login password for spe.org
- Add any subscriptions to your order
- Select financial assistance or payment method
- Check out
You will receive an immediate confirmation of membership upon submission.
|Country Group 1||Country Group 2|
Or elect to have your student dues paid by a contribution from Chevron by checking the appropriate box on your membership application. However, you must renew each year and choose that option.
Please note that 5% of your dues is allocated to your subscription to the Journal of Petroleum Technology and is not deductible or refundable.