CONTACT: Jenny Chong, Senior Event Manager, + 60.3.2182.3000, firstname.lastname@example.org
Perth, Australia ( 25 September 2012) – The Innovation Awards Dinner was recently held in conjunction with the SPE/APPEA International Conference on HSE in Oil and Gas Exploration and Production on 11 September at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre. The Conference Dinner was the highlight of the conference, which provided a fantastic opportunity for teams to come together to celebrate their successes and acknowledge the work of their industry colleagues in a gala dinner setting.
Melody Meyer, president of Chevron Asia Pacific Exploration and Production Company delivered a keynote on the fundamental role strong leadership plays in addressing health, safety and environment challenges.
With more than 1,500 attendees from around the globe and for the first time in the history of the SPE/APPEA HSE International Conference, awards were presented to recognise excellence and innovation in health and safety performance and environmental management at the conference dinner. These innovation awards serve to provide inspiration and to demonstrate how the industry is continuously raising the bar in health, safety and environmental performance, sharing best practice and providing inspiration to the entire industry.
Presenting one of the awards at the dinner was Dr. Harry Butler, a naturalist, conservationist and named Australian National Living Treasure.
Listed here, are the commended winners for 2012 SPE/APPEA Innovation Awards:
- Highly commended: Chevron Nigeria Ltd. – Workplace Wellness Initiative
- Winner: Schlumberger – HSE for Youth
- Highly commended: Oil Spill Response Limited – Freezing Moments
- Winner: Hess Corporation, Bakken Project, UBU and The Risk Tool Box – Application of Energy Control and LOTO to Oil Pumping Units
- High commended: Chevron Australia Pty. Ltd. – Gorgon Shore Crossing on Barrow Island
- Winner: Chevron Australia Pty. Ltd. – Control Charts: An Innovative Approach for Ecological Impact Assessment of Rare Species
- Winner: Woodside Energy Ltd – The Good Day Frequency: Woodside’s New Measure for Health, Safety & Environmental Performance