Moderator: Paul Francis, M-I SWACO, DSATS Programme Chairman Europe
The SPE Drilling Systems Automation Technical Section (DSATS) and the IADC Advanced Rig Technology (ART) Committee will hold an exciting half-day symposium on Monday, 16 March 2015 from 1300–1700 to discuss the advances in drilling systems automation.
The program includes 3 speakers supplying valuable insight into technology and methods from automation fields outside the drilling industry:
- Luca Save of DeepBlue will discuss the ACROSS Project (Advanced Cockpit for Reduction Of Stress and Workload)
- Ian Scott, Head of Aircraft Services, Shell, will discuss Aviation Automation
- Jon McMillen of Lockheed Martin will discuss Autonomous Logistics
In the second half of the program a distinguished panel will describe advances within the industry, as well as the next steps in realizing drilling systems automation, especially with respect to automation of well control, well barriers, and well integrity:
- Brian Tarr of Shell will discuss Automated Well Control
- Mel Whitby of Cameron will discuss Cameron cognition, smart BOP technology.
- Randy Lovorn of Halliburton will discuss MPD Well Control
The symposium will briefly review activities and progress of the SPE DSATS, IADC ART and DSA-Roadmap Initiative, and election of the 2015 committee and board of DSATS.
A sponsored reception will follow the symposium (1700 – 1800).
You must register to attend (limited capacity).
Registration: You can either (a) select to pay for the DSATS event during the registration event, or (b) add it to your registered events after registering for the main event, or (c) pay at the door (subject to availability).