SPE Certified Petroleum Engineer Icon
The icon is available to SPE Certified Petroleum Engineers (SPEC)—members who have met the requirements to become an SPE Certified Petroleum Engineer. Passing the certification exam or approval of waiver are mandatory requirements.
You may use the icon on
- Email signatures
- Online profiles
- Printed material such as resumes or business cards
The icon allows you to promote your membership in SPE and demonstrate your commitment to continued professional development. It is an SPE member benefit and should not be shared with others who are not SPE members and are not SPE Certified Petroleum Engineers.
To request the icon, send an email to the Certification Department.
Who can use the icon:
- Only SPE professional members in good standing who have completed the certification requirements may use the SPE Certified Petroleum Engineer icon. The icon indicates SPE membership and that you have met the requirements to be an SPE Certified Petroleum Engineer.
- Under no circumstances may any member use the SPE Certified Petroleum Engineer icon in such a manner that the sponsorship, endorsement, approval, or sanction of SPE could be construed.
- No member may redraw, alter, or graphically distort the SPE Certified Petroleum Engineer icon. It may not be outlined or combined with any other symbol.
- SPE professional members are permitted to use the SPE Member Icon. However, SPE professional members cannot use the SPE Certified Petroleum Engineer icon until they become certified petroleum engineering professionals.
The icon may not be used by the following:
- Non-members, including former members whose membership has lapsed due to nonpayment of dues.
- Members who have not met the certification requirements.
SPE reserves the right to disallow any use of the SPE Certified Petroleum Engineer icon.