Asset Management - Tools, Process, and Practice
Participants in this 2-day course will learn to develop and put in context an integrated asset management plan. They will begin by defining the asset from the earliest phases and work through its lifecycle, including all of the infrastructure, facilities, equipment and services. Topics include:
• Define the contents of an asset management plan
• External factors such as fiscal terms, host government policies, regulatory requirements, etc.
• Macroeconomic factors such as the price of products, goods, and services
• Internal factors such as company policies, external commitments, resources, decision-making processes and criteria, roles and responsibilities, authority guidelines, rewards, and budgets
• The asset management process, including key decisions and deliverables
• Roles of multi-disciplinary team members and monitoring their performance
• Information needed from each discipline in various stages of the asset lifecycle
• Role of benchmarking, post-auditing, and continuous improvement
• An overview of asset management tools and examples from the field, including frequent mistakes
Why You Should Attend
You’ll learn asset management strategies and skills that can immediately be utilized in the field.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for professionals across the full spectrum of oil and gas operations.
1.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) awarded for this 2-day course.
To receive a full refund, all cancellations must be received in writing no later than 14 days prior to the course start date. Cancellations made after the 14-day window will not be refunded. Send cancellation requests by email to email@example.com; by fax to +1.866.460.3032 (US) or +1.972.852.9292 (outside US); or mail to SPE Registration, PO Box 833836, Richardson, TX 75083.
For more details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alok Jain is a director of Asset Management Solutions Inc., a training and consulting firm that he formed after taking retirement from Conoco-Phillips in 2004. In his 40+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry, including 23 years with Conoco-Phillips, Jain served in technical and leadership roles in asset management, project management and reservoir engineering. Prior to Conoco, he worked for 11 years in the petroleum industry in Canada, United States and Libya in economic evaluation, reservoir engineering and development and as a reservoir simulation engineer with Gulf Oil Company in Venezuela, Nigeria and Canada. Following formation of Asset Management Solutions Inc., he has been involved in training and management consulting roles.
Jain holds a BS in chemical engineering from Panjab University, India, a postgraduate diploma in petroleum refining and petrochemicals from the Indian Institute of Petroleum and an MS degree in petroleum engineering from the University of Alberta in Canada.