Screening and Field Piloting for EOR Project Development
This course will emphasize critical considerations during enhanced oil recovery (EOR) screening and pilot design. Discussions will include monitoring and surveillance, and EOR project implementation. Appropriate case studies and exercises will be used to illustrate various concepts.
Course Objectives Include:
- Screen reservoirs for gas, thermal, and chemical EOR
- Develop conceptual EOR schemes for the reservoir
- Identify major risks in EOR implementation and plans for mitigation
- Evaluate objective, need for a pilot and its desired features
- Specify reservoir surveillance and monitoring plans
- Collect and interpret data on critical aspects of pilot performance
- Identify implications of pilot performance deviations from the expected
- Establish workflows to manage remaining performance related uncertainties
At the end of this course, participants should have an understanding of:
- Conceptualizing EOR schemes (gas injection, thermal recovery, and chemical flooding)
- Risks and risk mitigation in EOR
- Screening reservoirs for gas, thermal and chemical EOR
- Reservoir surveillance and monitoring
1 or 2 Days
Why You Should Attend
This course will provide participants the opportunity to review and learn the most up-to-date information available about EOR technologies and strategies practiced today.
Who Should Attend
Engineers, geologists, managers, and planning personnel involved in EOR project development. This is an intermediate level course. Prior exposure to EOR would be highly desirable.
1.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) will be awarded for this 2-day course.
To receive a full refund, all cancellations must be received in writing no later than 14 days prior to the course start date. Cancellations made after the 14-day window will not be refunded. Send cancellation requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by fax to +1.866.460.3032 (US) or +1.972.852.9292 (outside US); or mail to SPE Registration, PO Box 833836, Richardson, TX 75083.
For more details, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ashok K. Singhal, an expert in EOR technologies and horizontal well applications, is a principal consultant with Premier Reservoir Engineering Services, where he provides consulting and training in EOR. He has more than 35 years of worldwide oil and gas experience in heavy oil and tar sand reservoir engineering, horizontal well technology, CO2 flooding, thermal EOR, and waterflood projects. He has lectured on EOR, horizontal well applications and other topics around the world.
Singhal is an engineering alumnus of Indian School of Mines and the University of Alberta, Edmonton.
He earned his PhD in petroleum engineering from the University of California and later taught chemical engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology and petroleum engineering at the University of Alberta.