Marginal Field Developments and Optimisations
In this two day course we will take you through the key elements of Marginal Field Development and how to mitigate the associated project risk and uncertainties when developing these fields. Analysis of risks from green fields with primary development plan to matured and brown fields which are going through EOR/IOR process will be explained, and discussed. Several field examples will be presented to demonstrate how to deal with uncertainties and to make the necessary decisions in order to better mitigate risk. The integrations between multiple disciplines from petrophysics, geoscience, reservoir engineering and drilling and completions will be addressed. The key challenges in marginal developments from reservoir structure, formation evaluation, oil and gas reserve mapping, feasible reservoir fluid depletion approaches, and to the construction of integrated production systems for a cost effective development plan will also be discussed. Finally, the role of new technologies which helps to unlock the stranded reservoirs which was on the shelves for long time will be explained.
- Marginal Fields: Basic definitions, challenges and understandings ( Setting the Scene )
- Uncertainties in reserve definitions
- Decision in tree and scenario definitions
- Subsurface uncertainties and mitigation plans
- Data acquisition at different scales: (Core to Log, Well test to Seismic)
- Reservoir Production Performance and Risk
- Simulation Models and Uncertainties
- Brownfield Redevelopment Uncertainties
- Integrating surface and subsurface plans
- Early production systems
- Well design and completion: A life saver!
- Low Cost Well Architecture
- Smart Well Completion
- Surface Production System Integration
- Reservoir Management Plan
- How to get the best out of the drive mechanism?
- Project Cost, Value and Risks
This class is an excellent opportunity to understand the challenges that facing the Field Development Plan from subsurface to facility design in a short amount of time. If you’d rather be making the decisions than carrying them out, this course is for you.
Who Should Attend
- Reservoir Engineers
- Geologists and Petro-Physicists
- Drilling and Completion Engineers
- Production Engineers
- Field Development Managers
- Oil Field Investment Financial Analysts
1.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) will be awarded for this 2-day course.
Abdolrahim Ataei is currently a Principal Reservoir Engineer at Petroleum Resource Development at PETRONAS and has more than 24 years of industrial and academic experience. He has worked in several positions in E&P business including offshore operation and production as well as well completion design and drilling. He is working on several FDP projects for brown field and green field in Malaysia. As a member of PETRONAS Technical Review Committee for the past 6 years, he was involved in several field development plans for green and brown field developments and their challenges. He will share some of those examples with audience.
He is also collaborating with UTP (University technology PETRONAS) in supervising the MSc and PhD projects as well as supporting the academic programs. He has published more than 20 technical papers in various international journals and conferences on different area in reservoir description and characterisation. His areas of interest are reservoir dynamics, EOR, reservoir connectivity and well deliverability estimation. He is also expert in gas condensate reservoir behavior and condensate banking modeling and evaluation