Ambassador Lecturer Program Speakers
The Ambassador Lecturer Program (ALP) is designed for SPE Young Professionals to share their career development in the industry with students at secondary schools and universities.
Deliverables and Expectations
- Carry out at least one Ambassador Lecture visit to a student chapter, university or school in your area annually.
- Report details of your visit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Implementation of the ALP in your section, if this does not already exist, with assistance from SPE staff and the Young Professional Coordinating Committee.
Qualifications and Experience
- Be SPE members (age 35 or under) who participate in Young Professional activities through their SPE section
- Experience of making and delivering presentations within your company or through other activities
- Interest in passing on your enthusiasm about the industry
- Interest in sharing your experience in the industry
- Interest in recruiting and retaining student and graduate members for SPE
Expected Time Commitment
The more Young Professional Ambassador Lecturers per section, the lighter the workload.
- We suggest that each Student Chapter has one ALP visit per academic year.
- The lecture is 30-45 minutes long plus travel time (SPE reimburses up to USD 100 per visit for travel expenses).
- Most lecturers do between one and five visits per academic year.
For more information on the Ambassador Lecture program, please visit this page.